Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some projectors and now I need some insight, gonna retro this up in the next two weeks if anybody is willing to help with the wiring to this and what I have to do since I have H4 bulbs and a D1S bulb holders on the projectors.

And any thoughts on how open the back side of the projector can be cover if it even needs to be to protect against water damage.

This is going to be stock for now, no HID yet that will be a bit later on.

Thanks in advance.

Thinking maybe I can use a bowl and a cup cut to my needs, bowl cut to match housing and cup cut to match bowl and fit the plug for the bulb out the bottom of the cup haha, glue it all together and paint it up.

Mounting will be the same cut housing to what I need to glue the projectors in, the stock housing can be adjusted right? You don't adjust the bulbs themself to change the beam right?

Still need insight on the wiring for this project. Any help is appreciated or any thoughts may help.

(moved from original thread SV650 undertail, flush front blinkers, front running light into blinker Mod part 1 to here for it's own post.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No help on this huh, anyways i'm gonna make some homemade angel eyes they will be blue/white, blue on the outside white on the inside, so I will see how it goes still got untill the 16th to plan this all out.

Wife will be gone for two weeks so I have to get it finished, bike will be down for 2 weeks or maybe before then if I plan it all right and have enough time after work to finish it up fast only time I will have the car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been looking around seems i'm the only one that has done this to a sv650s or should I say done a write up for the install(retro) on a sv650s 08.

The whole process will have lots of pictures and I will write it up the best I can, well time will tell if I can do this right, will be working on the homemade angel eyes once I get the projectors to fit around the lens perfect.

Well until that time come later.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Give it some time for someone who understands these lamps to pick up the thread. Not to many peeps undergo this mod.

What vehicle did you get these from?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping to get help with the wiring as i'm not that good with it but can do it if told how as in soldering, heat shrinking and so forth is easy just need to know about hooking up the solenoid to the brights switch to change from lows to highs and the angel eyes I will tap into the plate light as I have to replace the second light that died after the first 2 hours installed, called company and they sent a replacement asap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and how do I go about the d1s bulb holder, do I just find a way to mount the h4 bulb in there cause I looked for a d1s bulb connector but came out with no luck.

And for adjusting the headlight beam is it all in the housing or is it for the bulb, cause if it is I got a lot of planning to go into for mounting the bulbs perfect.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Oh and how do I go about the d1s bulb holder, do I just find a way to mount the h4 bulb in there cause I looked for a d1s bulb connector but came out with no luck.
My suggestion would be to use the bulb that's proper for the housing/projector you're using. Dont try to mix and match.
If you plan on using an H4 bulb then get H4 projectors.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You should pick one bulb and go with it.
If you are dead set on using H4's then try to find an H4 projector (is there even such a thing?)
Otherwise I think it'd be easier to source the proper parts for using the D1S projector.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I already have the d1s projectors and I need the connector plugs thats all so if someone could help with a link or something cause I looked and couldn't find anything, I ain't set on the H4 no big deal to me besides messing with the original wiring harness would love a plug and play set up if I could.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Instead of me telling you what you need to do, first tell me what you want or are trying to accomplish.

Having a dual-filament bulb is not the same tech as having a bixenon projector. The concepts behind both are different and I dont understand why you'd attempt to merge the 2.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I wanted the e46 projectors as they are very good projectors and I wanted to make them work but didn't think it would be hard finding the d1s connector plugs.

Wasn't trying to merge them, was trying to get the e46 projectors to work without messing up the stock wiring harness and I need the d1s connector plugs to do that I guess.

If I have to cut into the stock wiring harness to do this then thats fine I just want it to be able to go back to stock just in-case I wanna sell the bike is the main point here and still have great projectors at the same time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great idea but does anyone know what is pos+ and neg- in that bulb cause I will buy some d1s bulbs if thats the case and just break my old h4 that are stock to make the retro work.

Pictures would help please, gonna search the internet now to maybe find it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts