Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of an 08 SV650 and I want to change the stock pipe/exhaust out to something louder and better sounding.

What is the best aftermarket full exhaust or slip on to use?

·
Registered
443 Posts
True there are a lot of exhaust threads, some good ones with pics and videos along with loudness factor and price paid and where they bought it.

My bike came used with a Yoshimura can, but I swapped it to a Delkevic a few weeks back. Yoshimura is pretty solid and well known tho the can is pricey. Delkevic is very clean and loud as **** if you are looking for loud and they are probably the cheapest pricewise as far as a can.

The US distributor of Delkevic exhausts is Steels's Cycles here in Denver, CO which is actually the place where I bought my used SV as well. I didnt like the massive size of the Yoshimura so I bought a 9-inch stubby stainless can from Delkevic with midpipe and all necessary clamps for $109 brand new. You basically will never find a brand new muffler for anywhere as cheap as that. So if you want LOUD and cheap price go with Delkevic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Delkevic is very clean and loud as **** if you are looking for loud and they are probably the cheapest pricewise as far as a can.
I picked up one of the longer Delkevic pipes, and it's not anywhere near as loud but still sounds great. With the baffle out it has a nice low tone at idle, and isn't too obnoxious when I'm leaving my neighborhood at low RPMs. Once I open up the throttle though, it roars, but still keeps the tone of the roar nice and low.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought ny bike used with a Yoshimura pipe and I live the sound. It's not too loud, perfect noise level when I wear my earplugs.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

·
Registered
443 Posts
I picked up one of the longer Delkevic pipes, and it's not anywhere near as loud but still sounds great. With the baffle out it has a nice low tone at idle, and isn't too obnoxious when I'm leaving my neighborhood at low RPMs. Once I open up the throttle though, it roars, but still keeps the tone of the roar nice and low.
Sorry I meant loudness for the shrorty 9-inch can I bought. The 9-inch can has no baffle for it and it very loud. I also have my SV desnorkeled and makes the engine roar like hell. My other local friend has a 350mm longer can with the baffle and its very quiet

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a Yoshimura RS-3 carbon fiber on mine and it seems to have some roar to it. I helped a friend put on a Micron that used to be on a VTR1000 using a hacked up Yoshi midpipe and it is definitely deeper sounding than mine. Almost reminds me of my SV1000.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have a Yoshimura RS-3 carbon fiber on mine and it seems to have some roar to it. I helped a friend put on a Micron that used to be on a VTR1000 using a hacked up Yoshi midpipe and it is definitely deeper sounding than mine. Almost reminds me of my SV1000.
+1 My sv came with a RS-3 carbon - i definitively has a rawr too- love it. Someone said the Dan moto's are a little more rawring and those are cheaper... but honestly this yoshi pipe does the job just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry I meant loudness for the shrorty 9-inch can I bought. The 9-inch can has no baffle for it and it very loud. I also have my SV desnorkeled and makes the engine roar like hell. My other local friend has a 350mm longer can with the baffle and its very quiet
Sorry, I didn't mean my comment in a bad way! :eek:ccasion14: I just meant that either Delkevic option (long or short) is going to produce a nice result. Even my longer pipe sounds great, especially with the baffle out. It all comes down to what volume and look you want.

And in either case, you'll be shedding a ton of weight in comparison to the stock pipe. Once I cut that thing off, I was stunned how heavy it was!

·
Registered
443 Posts
here are the 2 I have had:

That is a Yoshimura, I can never seen to figure out if it is TRS or RS3 but it is the round can. Sounds very smooth and nice and purrs well, but I hated the long ass can look

Went to this one a few weeks ago and it is much louder and the look of the shorter can I like better, a Delkevic 9-inch short can with no baffle at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts