Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time posting a thread. I'm working on my 07 N installing new front turn signals. It had stalk style mirrors with LED signals built in and I've switched to bar end mirrors and standard small LED aftermarket signals. I've got the mirrors mounted and they're lovely, and I have the new turn signals mounted on the front as well, however I can't understand the wiring.

I bought the adapter kit for suzukis so the aftermarket wiring can connect easily to the factory wiring but things have not gone according to plan. If you look at this photo
you can see the end of the connector from the adapter, its a basic female connector with 2 openings for the wires to insert. However, the male connector from the bike looks like this
It's more of a triangular connector. I've tried connecting them as is with no results.

What do you guys recommend I do here? Is one connector easier to find than the other? I apologize if this is a complete noob question, I've done a lot of work on bikes but I've somehow never done any electrical work. Can anyone help a dude out? :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
838 Posts
You can do a bunch of things here...
If you don't want to hack the stock wiring, I recommend you buy another adapter set that matches the connectors on the bike.

Just FYI - the front two turn signals have a different connecter than the rear two turn signals. If you search for installing Rizoma Zero-11 turn signals on here, you'll find this issue discussed in several threads. Pretty sure I was able to find links to connectors sets for both the front and the rear through SVR. I believe one set I ordered off ebay and another from bikebandit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Marduk. I scoped out those other threads at work the other day until I came to the conclusion of what connector I needed. I checked out a few local shops and finally found one that had the right adapters today. I think it was a Yamaha connector. Hooked em up and 20 minutes later I've got turn signals on the front.

I really appreciate it man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts