Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10k miles, never had an issue, ran beautifully as always 2 days ago when I parked it. Been sitting on a stand in a garage since then.

When I went to fire it up, nothing significant happens when I hit the starter button.

The symptom:
Turn key, engage in neutral, set engine switch to 'on', FI system churns up as expected (whrim sound, punctuated by that little 'click' noise)
When you press the starter the lights turn off per normal but nothing happens. No noise, no churn, no error message, nothing.

The facts:
Its in neutral (not just the light, verified wheel is free spinning)
Also tried kickstand up, in 1st & 2nd
Indicated on the LCD: Neutral light, Red FI light solid (memory serves, this is normal in pre-startup process), LCD shows no CHECK or FI flashing warnings. Just mileage, _ _ _ _ for engine temp, time and the little oil icon in the top left corner (again, memory serves this is standard fare, correct?)

I have no reason to believe the battery is dead as the lights are strong, it's only been parked 2 days after months of continuous use. Even so, it's on the tender at the moment while I scratch my head and try to figure out WTF.

Any suggestions wrenchers? It's a beautiful WA day and I want to get some miles in on the SV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out. Clutch sensor came loose somehow. I looked everywhere for it before but just didn't notice it. Now I feel like a fool, but my baby is fine so thats all that matters.

Figured it out using google-fu which actually lead back to this forum. So... thanks!

/me feels like an idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That happened to me, but I wasn't lucky enough to be in my garage. I was at the top of a mountain on a long ride, several hundred miles from home and a very long way from help. Took me about 3 minutes to figure it out but it was a LONG 3 minutes.

Glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah those sensors can mess u up, i had a problem with my kickstand kill switch already. easy way to know its not the battery is when u push the start button instead of the starter motor turning u just hear a fast repetitive clicking. (found that out when u leave the alarm armed for 2 weeks without starting it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts