Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try and keep a log of the bike I'm building/fixing for my fiance. Mostly just so I can keep track but would like advice from the masses as well. Here we go.

2007 N model I picked up from a buddy. 20K on the clock. It's been sitting in his barn for 4 years so it needs a little TLC.

First pic he sent me of the bike, looks pretty good actually.

Here's a list of what the bike needs to get going:
Rusted fuel tank needs attention (soaking in vinegar at the moment. I think I'll let it go for 7 days)
Fuel pump & filter cleaned (done 6/25/19)
Battery
New tires (Ordered some Dunlop Roadsmart IIs that were clearanced out at RMATV)
Fresh fork rebuild (seals and oil ordered)
New shock (zx10r maybe?)
New handlebars (chrome ones on it are fugly)

That's probably it for the time being. I'm hoping to have all this done in the next two weeks so she can ride it this season. Probably tear into it this winter to do valves and anything else that I find throughout the build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First was the fuel pump. Thing was NASTY. I didn't feel like shelling out the cash for new so decided to try cleaning this one first.

I took it all apart and let it soak in Evaporust over night. The next morning I gave everything a good scrub and blew out the high flow filter with compressed air. Put everything back together and plugged it up to the bike and to my surprise the pump primed so I'm assuming I'm good to go.

Before:

After:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts