Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 Gixxer Mirrors on 07 SV650S

Does or has anyone installed gixxer mirrors w/ turn signals on a 2nd gen.? Whats required? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
also interested in this topic for 06 models. i assume its fairly easy assuming the mounting brackets line up... but just eying out my roomies mirrors i believe they will be slightly different. of course im not master fabricator or anything just my 2 cents but im def interested in this since MA is now making flush mount LEDS a no go for inspection... god i had my STATE!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
They won't work. I have pair in my closet. The GSXR mirrors are mounted via studs on the mount that go through an unthreaded fairing stay. That and even if you do get them to mount up, the SVS fairings aren't curved enough and the mirrors end up at a droopy unusable angle.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Somebody modded them to work with the SVS mirror base...can't remember who. I remember seeing the picture though...search around. It's doable.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Yea... they're hard plastic.. unless you're thinking cut with hack saw and JB Weld. :p

I never had S mirrors to work with, so they're sitting in my closet collecting dust... my bar-ends are working fine for now. Tho by now I'm quite used to looking down to see behind me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts