Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've only had this bike a month or so. Bike fouled a stock set of plugs today. Cruising along at 55mph the engine just started breaking up popping missing bucking back and forth etc. The only mods to the bike are a Leo Vince slip on. I've pulled the codes and it had none. I couldn't get a new set of plugs so I just wire brushed the black nasty off of the old ones and put them back in. It still breaks up and misses but instead of doing it all the time it only does it at around 6k rpm and up.

What causes a FI bike with 3500 miles on it to foul plugs? I've checked the air filter, the exhaust isn't plugged. Are Denso plugs know for being junk?

Thanks for the help.

Novafrk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has it been stored for the winter. Mine did this two years in a row. If the battery isnt fully charged it can foul the plugs. Mine also tends to pop and crakle like that if I dont put fuel stabalizer in the first couple of tanks of gas after being stored. Cleaning should be okay for now, but new ones are like eight bucks. I've tried two different brands and had the same thing happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts