Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders

Did my research and it is now even more confusing than beginning of my search.

In my understanding, key parts that are required to convert are

headlight, ear bracket, fork mount bracket (7" aztect8 kit), mirror, and signal lights

Do I need anything else? Triple tree and fork? Do I need this?? seems like

performance purpose... and does 2nd gen naked OEM (or copy) parts

(headlights and brackets and so on) fits on S?

So many questions but no clue .

Safe ridin alwayz :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've been considering this a lot recently too. I don't have any of the S fairings on (they were in terrible shape when I got the bike).. just running some 7" headlight I found in a salvage yard...

Made my own little bracket for the gauges...

I think the only major difference is the top triple clamp... AFAIK we could just swap it out- and then bolt on any 7/8 (22mm) handlebar... I've seen a lot of people claim you can do all of this without longer brake/clutch cables- and frankly, I think I could too- I put new Spiegler SS cables on- they have a good bit a slack- and I just put a new clutch cable on which actually looks like it should be SHORTER - it kind of bends strangly at the top to make up for its length.

I have NOT been able to find a N top triple clamp though- no matter where I look outside of Ronayers and the OE companies... I am considering just drilling some holes in my S upper triple (since you can find these anywhere for like 30 bucks) and mounting some clamps on the top of that.

It looks a little thin- but I think if you bolstered the back of it and used 4 bolts spaced evenly it would be just fine.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Headlight + brackets will fit on the S (if the fairing stay is removed). Are you looking to go for a full N conversion and use a handlebar or are you planning on sticking to clip ons?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts