Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have some issues with my 650, I was getting ready to add an aftermarket rear tail light with integrated turn signals and thats when I noticed that the right rear turn signal is not working at all, the left one works and both front turn signals work as well.

I am thinking it might be a wiring issue but I am new when it comes to wiring diagrams and I am not really sure where to even start trying to troubleshoot this issue. The bike is not new and the previous owner had done some modifications as I can see that some wires were spliced and connected again.

Could somebody point me in the right direction, perhaps there some resource online that explains which wire is what and which connector does what so that I can start somewhere. I am gonna grab a multimeter today and try to figure out if there is current going through the cable that I think is suppose to be for the turn signal.

Any help is appreciated :) Thank you

P.S.
I included some pictures so you can see what I am working with, its a mess, I know. I already installed the aftermarket tail light and can confirm that its not the actual light bulb, must be a wiring issue I guess. The bright yellow wires are coming from the aftermarket tail light. The relay is brand new, purchased one just for this mod since the new lights are LED, same issue with the new and the stock relay.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
If you have a test light you should start by verifying if you have power and ground at the right rear turn signal. Whichever one you are missing (most likely power) will determine which direction you go from there. If you are missing power, I would go back to the relay and see if you are getting power out there. If you are, you have a wiring issue.

·
very big dumb
8,727 Posts
there are 3 little connectors there that look like the ones i circled in red.
the white one goes to the plate light, the other two are turn signals
swap the plugs between grey and black and see if the problem moves to the other turn signal.
my bet would be on the shitty crimping action i circled in green OR in a burned out bulb in the turn signal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are 3 little connectors there that look like the ones i circled in red.
the white one goes to the plate light, the other two are turn signals
swap the plugs between grey and black and see if the problem moves to the other turn signal.
my bet would be on the shitty crimping action i circled in green OR in a burned out bulb in the turn signal

View attachment 56629
Hmm, I only have two of the connectors you circled in red, should there be a 3rd one ?

weird, I don’t see a 3rd one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you all for the help, I was able to get the turn signals working and everything is good now. There were indeed more connectors. I guess one of the turn signals never worked but I didn't notice, when I purchased the bike they had both turn signals going into one of those 3 connectors.

I got it fixed and its working good now.

Thanks everyone :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts