Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its home, Its evaluated, Welcome to its build thread.

I picked up a wrecked 2006 SV650s for parts and it's too nice (for me anyway) to part out. So, for now at least, this becomes mu primary build and the '03 will take a back burner until this one is done. I am into this bike right around $600, including purchase price, tax title and tags. At first glance, it will need a rear subframe w/ plastics, front "S" fairing stay, rear wheel, left clip on/control and radiator. @mad8vskillz, order incoming.
So, what did that buy me?? A very strong sounding and clean (for a wreck) 65,000 bike. It sounds great and has no weird noises. Anything I should know about/look for on a motor with that kind of milage?
Obligatory Picture and First start video
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive exhaust

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Azure Blue

First Start

· Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,287 Posts
That definitely has the potential to turn a profit, or whatever your plans may be. Is the other sv on hold for this one? You could have this one wrapped in a weekend 👌

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That definitely has the potential to turn a profit, or whatever your plans may be. Is the other sv on hold for this one? You could have this one wrapped in a weekend 👌
Yep, The 03 is on hold until I get this one finished. I think the '06 will be "My Bike" and the '03 will either become a track day build, or ill finish it and flip it to help fund my 70's Amen Savior Build.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Major progress on the ‘06 this weekend. I got my parts order from @mad8vskillz. I picked up a new rear wheel, rear subframe, under tail plastic, left clip-on and control pod, clutch perch & radiator. Got everything replaced/mounted on the bike and borrowed a of couple needed parts from the ‘03 temporarily so I could give her a quick test ride.

Old radiator out..
Automotive tire Hood Asphalt Road surface Tire

New one In
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Rim

Added the rear sub frame
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Got a discount because it had a stripped thread. I'll heliciol that and move on
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Figured out where the wiring routes
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

threw on the clip-on and seat and took it for a quick spin!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Quick walk around after the ride

I am super excited about this bike. It runs and rides very well. As it sits right now, I am into the bike for just $1000 including tax, title and tag!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a good deal on some aftermarket fairings and got the new rear wheel painted. Just need to clear coat it and it’s ready to go on. I’m making a trip to see @mad8vskillz tomorrow to get some parts and the Abba stand he is selling. Looks like I’m going to strip the bike to the bare frame to clean/paint/service the whole bike.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Blue Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Blue

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts