Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SV1000S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner to my SV1000 so I thought I'd pull her apart a bit and see what gremlins are lying underneath. I've got as far as the flywheel and found the magnets in somewhat of a bad shape.

I was hoping to see what the general consensus is here about whether I JB Weld them back in and run her or if I should try and sort something else out.

My initial thoughts are I don't have anything readily available so I might as well JB Weld what I do have remaining and check how the charge voltage behaves over the next little while?

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on this.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Camera lens Cameras & optics Circle Lens

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Gear

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
2006 SV1000S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Adam,
Unfortunately im in the same boat here in Brisbane. 2 magnets are smashed so my bike has been out of action for the last 3 months.
Im not having much luck with any used flywheels or just magnets as they get picked up from wreckers pretty quick and ebay are rare and expensive.
Suzuki AU has one in the country but it will set you back $600, which imo is extortion for a known fault with the model and they still havent recticifed the issue with the new part.
I've just bit the bullet and ordered a new flywheel. This bike was meant to be my primary mode of transport (wife has the car) and need it running. I'll most likely have a couple magnets (3x 100% & 1x 95%) up for sale in the near future.

Mine was a tad more than that from a local dealer, but was the cheapest I could get calling around. Don't want to know what it could of been.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts