Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A low speed high side last August was an unfortunate reason for me to rebuild and mod the bike. :mad: Upper and lower fairing was trashed and needed to be replaced. Shifter lever, clutch lever, and flushmount lights were broke off, handle bar was scratched but still good. Mirror was trashed and needed replacement. So I went on a spending spree, spending most of my spare time to the bike. ;D
Purchased parts:
Sharkskinz Street kit
SV-Racing-Parts Rearsets
Galfer SS lines and pads
Sonic Springs and new fork oil
GSXR 1000 shock
Gel Seat
Shorty Yosh pipe mod
Integrated front mirrors and integrated tail light
R6 throttle tube
Hotbodies undertail kit
ATRE mod
Blue LED's for dash
Snorkelectomy

I had a friend of mine paint the entire bike. Metalic black with House of Color silver marbilizer with multicolor pearl. I purchased SV 650R decal and had a local graphics place make the Suzuki stickers.

Thanks to this site for all the great info and help from members. :hug:

Thanks to Blair at SV-racing-parts, Rich Desmond from Sonic Springs, DougZ, and Nudist for other parts that I needed. Thanks to anyone else that purchased parts from me that funded my madness. ;D

Here are a few pics of the bike, the local weather calls for rain during the next 3 days so I wont be able to take nice pics till thursday.

·
Registered
318 Posts
lets get some light on that paint so we can see what it really looks like... btw those mirrors look great on the 2nd gen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Props on your rebuild.

How well can you see out of those mirrors?

I thought about getting similiar mirrors, but the ones I looked at seemed to be a little shorter then stock. I might just get them and a set of risers...

·
Registered
318 Posts
i bought i set but they didnt look good on my 2k2 the stalks are plenty long but the adjustability of the pivot was not as good as an oem set. Though i they might provide a better rear view on a mk2

·
Registered
183 Posts
looking good. thought I seen some pics you posted earlier of your painting progress. It has a marble look to it right? now you just need to do a GSXR front end swap. ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1

Where'd you get those from? Easy to wire up?
I bought them off ebay, pretty easy to wire up. I drilled a hole in the top fairing so the wire is hidden. They have a fast flash unless you put a resistor in the wiring. I dont mind the fast flash so I left them alone.

S

·
0 Posts
How would you rate visibility with those mirrors? Can you see more than just your elbows? Do they vibrate?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How would you rate visibility with those mirrors? Can you see more than just your elbows? Do they vibrate?
They vibrate a little more than the stock ones but the visibility is pretty good. I was suprised I could see as well as I could when I am sitting upright. I am satisfied with them for the price and looks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really like mirros as well. They provide better visibility IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did the snorkelectomy in your opinion accomplish anything? I was thinking of doing this to my 06' , but everything I read says removing the snorkel on the 2nd gen does not accomplish anything.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Did the snorkelectomy in your opinion accomplish anything? I was thinking of doing this to my 06' , but everything I read says removing the snorkel on the 2nd gen does not accomplish anything.
You loose power when you remove it... I put mine back on... Luis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts