Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only briefly looked over the new 06 bike at the dealer this past weekend. Is that a oil cooler 1/4 of a inch from the exhaust pipe coming off the front cylinder? If so how effective is a oil cooler that close to a exhaust pipe?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
When the bike is moving and the airflow will blow through the oil cooler... That's the design... I wouldn't worry about heat soak with it...

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Airflow is the key. Yeah - it's probably pretty close and may absorb 'some' radiant heat.

But - let's not forget that the SV motor originally didn't even HAVE an oil cooler. Even if it's not optimally efficient, the fact that it's even there is a bit of overkill anyway.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yhea I almost thought it more for looks than anything. I have never had a over heating issue with my bike in any conditions and have never heard of others having heating issues either. I guess it can't hurt thought.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what I would even bet that my bike could go w/o the radiator all together....

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Until you are stuck in a traffic jam with no lane splitting allowed. Those fans are on 80% of the time.

That is the only thing which really bugs me about riding a bike.
Short tempered drivers, wall to wall vehicles, no continuity of flow ... scares the heck out of me!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Kevin said:
You know what I would even bet that my bike could go w/o the radiator all together....
No way. It'd seize up lots sooner than you think. The tolerances on liquid-cooled motors are WAY tighter than air-cooled. Once that thing gets out of the temp range it's designed for....good night.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being the big stunta that I am I was hoping it was some kind of super oil system on the new 06 so that I could buy one and stunt my little butt off on it............... Speaking of which I was in traffic last night around 6 stunta thug biker boyz.......I just shock my head as one of them did a continual smoking burn out in stop still traffic with 4 lanes of traffic around him!?!?!?!?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.