Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is one darn good looking death machine  :p.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Wait...I thought Suzuki was discountinuing the Busa...is this a confirmed pic?

It looks different...but then....still too similar to the old model.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It looks like an 05 and before with some 05/06 Gixxer 1000 parts glued to it. Especially the tail section, old school aero dynamic solo seat hump with angular hips from the Gix1k. Front end isn't bad though.

Ben, where'd you hear that? I don't know why they'd disc. the Busa, it sells great and has a huge following to boot.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Red Raevyn said:
It looks like an 05 and before with some 05/06 Gixxer 1000 parts glued to it.  Especially the tail section, old school aero dynamic solo seat hump with angular hips from the Gix1k.  Front end isn't bad though.

Ben, where'd you hear that?  I don't know why they'd disc. the Busa, it sells great and has a huge following to boot.
I dunno...someone definitely posted a few months ago a link which talked about the Busa being discontinued citing waning sales figures. It was a bit of a surprise to me too!

Apparently it was just so much internet misinformation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like it. Except for the camel hump pillion area.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
wow, I dont believe you guys. I think the 'busa is the most beautiful full-faired sportbike ever, period. I'm not too crazy about the racy paint scheme, solid color or just less *bling* to the stripes would be better...other than that, I wouldnt change a thing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Isnt photoshop great?

I seriously doubt that the busa will ever get a major update.

·
Registered
449 Posts
from what I see, they just sharpened up the nose and the front looks as if it got gixxered.

dont mess with it, unless another manufacturer comes along to try and dethrone the king.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, I call Shenanigans on that. Looks very PhotoChop'd to me. That pipe looks way too huge, and the fairing looks like it's just a GSXR1k that's been horizontally stretched.

·
Registered
551 Posts
it looks good IMO.., if its photoshoped...what ever, still looks good.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I was told by a Suzuki rep that the '06 busa will be unchanged as limited resources have them focused on expansion of the Boulevard lineup first.

I was also told that there IS a new 'busa in the making. Rumors of 1500cc's and a 100 pound drop in weight are rampant, but as yet unconfirmed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ruefus said:
I was also told that there IS a new 'busa in the making.  Rumors of 1500cc's and a 100 pound drop in weight are rampant, but as yet unconfirmed.
Will it have wings???

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I think the Busa is one of the ugliest bikes on the road. I don't care how fast they are, lol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ruefus said:
I was told by a Suzuki rep that the '06 busa will be unchanged as limited resources have them focused on expansion of the Boulevard lineup first.

I was also told that there IS a new 'busa in the making. Rumors of 1500cc's and a 100 pound drop in weight are rampant, but as yet unconfirmed.
So the US drop due to the busa's being eclipsed in sales by the gsxr1k, is nothing more than a rumor? Darn, I was hoping to see fewer of those whales.;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts