Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site..........

I am about to install my Yosh RS-3 SS race slip-on and pc this week. After looking over the instructions from Yosh I do not like the fact that I need to drill a hole in the pipe and install the rivet supplied. The instructions say to drill a hole, install the rivet and put the clamp over the rivet.

My question.....is the rivet really needed or is the clamp good enough to hold the slip-on onto the pipe
after it has be cut 2 1/4 from the weld bead ?

This looks like simple job.........after doing alot of reading on this site I picked up a few short cuts on how to do the job without removing the system and cut the pipe with everything on the bike. Also the pc install seems to be pretty straight forward to. If anyone has any helpful info I would love to hear it.

Also I plan on installing the RS-3 first.......take a good spin to see with it is like before installing the PC and
BMC filter to see if it REALLY makes a difference. From what I read hear I may have wasted 289 bucks for a PC. According to what I read the PC is not needed for the slip-on.

Thanks........

·
Registered
38 Posts
Using the rivet will prevent the mid pipe from slipping off the header pipe. It will only take a couple minutes to drill. Be sure the pipe is fully installed, exactly where you want it, before you drill.
john

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.........so this rivet is needed. Cool just need to make sure I have the slip-on perfect before I drill !

I will post a full report with pics when done !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts