Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried putting an 05+ SV650 radiator on an 03 or 04 sv650? The only post I could find mentioned a fitment problem. My 2003 SV650 naked rad has a small leak and I would like to replace it with a less-wide 05+ radiator which will hopefully do better if I or a friend ever drops my bike again.

Also, can an S model rad be used on a naked SV650 if I put my cap on the S radiator? I have heard that the S model does not have a cap on the rad, but instead has a line coming off to a remote location for the pressure cap.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have have a new radiator on my 04. I believe it is a newer model (slimmer). When I got it they said the # is superseded to the new rad. #. The only thing I had a problem hooking up properly was the fan and the horn. I have the fan mounted by 2 of the 3 bolts and a zip tie for the third and the horn is now in front of the rad. instead of behind. It has been fine for well over 8k miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have have a new radiator on my 04. I believe it is a newer model (slimmer). When I got it they said the # is superseded to the new rad. #. The only thing I had a problem hooking up properly was the fan and the horn. I have the fan mounted by 2 of the 3 bolts and a zip tie for the third and the horn is now in front of the rad. instead of behind. It has been fine for well over 8k miles.
Thanks man that is exactly what I needed!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm also wondering whats up with this. According to Ronayers, the part # and pictures for 03,04,05,06 etc are all the same radiators. Yet, a quite a few people on these forums said 05+ are slimmer. Then there is Lost 1888 who said 04 is slimmer.
I'm hella **** confused.

I have an 04 oem radiator that im looking to replace.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'm also wondering whats up with this. According to Ronayers, the part # and pictures for 03,04,05,06 etc are all the same radiators. Yet, a quite a few people on these forums said 05+ are slimmer. Then there is Lost 1888 who said 04 is slimmer.
I'm hella **** confused.

I have an 04 oem radiator that im looking to replace.
The older model is thicker. I didn't change my quote above just highlighted what I said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts