Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I've been away awhile due to a couple of relocations.
Sold the three bikes I had when I moved from DE to VT & am in the market for a bike again.
The naked SV is the top contender and I'm wondering if there are any substantial changes between 05 & 06. Like improvements to the engine not advertised by suzuki ???
Just thought I'd ask those in the know first ;)

I can get a new blue 05 naked for cost, or an 06 for $500 over. I'd prefer the 05 dark blue over the 06 blue & red, but not if it means loosing some important improvements made to the 06 model.

Thanks much.
GB

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
If you can get the 05 cheaper and the right color then go for it. The 06 is not really any different (ie motor improvements). The specs are pretty much the same from the two years. Go with the 05!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
It's all about the color you want and nothing else need be considered.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
911TurboS said:
When you eventually sell it an '06 will have a slightly higher re-sale value...
All dropped bikes have the same resale value. ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought the blue 05 the next day, had her rear torn apart a short time later, Fender mod was needed bad.
A few more mods and come spring I'm just gonna beat the snot out of it and forget about any possible resale value.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Oneofeach said:
Bought the blue 05 the next day, had her rear torn apart a short time later, Fender mod was needed bad.
A few more mods and come spring I'm just gonna beat the snot out of it and forget about any possible resale value.

Thanks again.

That's the ticket! Wring it's neck and flog the life out of it!!! 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.