Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front brake lever with the radial master cylinder hits the "dashboard" plastic when turning the bars to the left causing the front brakes to be applied. This is on my 03 sv650s. Anyone else have this problem? I just took the plastic piece off...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Simple solution - take the fairing off. It'll look better too.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I'm going to do one better... BTW I have the same problem.

Take a big stainless steel cooking spoon, heat it up woth a propane torch and push it into the flat area of the dash where the master cylinder hits, making a depression. Then hit it quick with some thing very cold, like an ice pack and it should retain the shape.

Problem solved. :)

I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say use a heat gun and heat up the area of the plastic, then push on it with a large spoon or whatever shape you want. I think if u heat up the spoon it will just melt the surface of the plastic....

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not necessarily... I have a buddy building a kit car and we reform plastic using that method all the time. Its not going to get much over 150-degrees, and this plastic is made to stand up to sitting out in the open sun here in the Texas summers (and probably a lot worse) without melting, its tough stuff. A heat gun would take hours if ever to get warm enough to reform.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts