Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a used '05 SVS and recently had my first full ride. The gas light was on when I received it, so I obviously went to fill up. Right as I pulled up to the pump, the motor died (lucky me!). According to my owner's manual, the tank capacity is 4.5 gallons. However, I only got about 3.6 in there. Any explanations?

·
Registered
211 Posts
It is a little tricky with Vapor Recovery nozzles, such as in Calif, but you can put more gas...just fill until the level just starts to rise in the neck of the tank.  Look down into the gas tank, and you will see what I'm trying to explain.  You have to hold the seal on the gas nozzle away from the end of the nozzle so that the gas will continue to flow.   Enjoy the new bike.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Willius said:
The motor died at the pump, huh? Did you happen to pull up to the pump and try to lower the sidestand with the bike in gear. That'll do it every time. ;D
That is one damn good question and I actually cannot remember. I may very well have. Oh well, when the damn snow melts around here, I'll be able to check for sure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts