Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've an 05 naked, it's always had this issue since I bought it 2 years ago. The left blinkers don't work if I'm on the gas or lugging the engine. Right work fine all the time.

When I'm parked or at low speeds/rpm the blinkers work fine. I've resat every bulb / connection /relay, everything is clean. Could this be some thing to do with the voltage regulator? I would think it would be both sides if it was.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Seems like a vibration issue at those rpms that produce the most vibes. Did you open up the switch gear to see if maybe a wire connection is loose? The connectors may be clean but perhaps the connection between the two halves is not tight or one of the wires for the left side is loose in the connector. Since both front and rear don't work, I would think this is a wiring issue upstream from the individual connectors. Can you rev the engine in neutral and reproduce this condition? If you can, then maybe you can trace the power in the circuit with a meter and see where the power disappears.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. the actual switch itself is not something I've tried. I will now though.. I don't seem to be able to re-create it in neutral.. I don't like revving too high (neighbors for one), and because it blinks normally I need to hold the revs up.. It's so consistent I struggle with the vibration thing..that was my first thought too.. but it's every time.. If I'm above 1/2 throttle.. they stop working.. I'me not very experienced on the SV's I'm more off road / quad guy. Are there electrical issues with these bikes.. any "known" failure items..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts