Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has been doing this for a while but it’s not a consistent thing. It cold starts fine and idles fine but when I ride and warm it up, sometimes it’ll bog and die when coming to a stop. If it does it once it’ll do it the rest of the ride. Start up fine next cold start, got new plugs and always fresh gas. Ideas?

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,759 Posts
Welcome to SVR MuffMuncher (crude name). I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here from some very smart guys. Good luck.

· Registered
355 Posts
My bike has been doing this for a while but it’s not a consistent thing. It cold starts fine and idles fine but when I ride and warm it up, sometimes it’ll bog and die when coming to a stop. If it does it once it’ll do it the rest of the ride. Start up fine next cold start, got new plugs and always fresh gas. Ideas?
Yes... how many km's ?.... sounds possibly like valve clearances...

· Premium Member
4,911 Posts
The first thing to check in this situation (IMO) is the throttle position sensor adjustment. If it's running to rich, the bike will bog or gradually lose RPM when idling, then die. It will cause the bike to die when slowing down to a stop with the clutch pulled in.
Of course, going along with the TPS adjustment, the throttle bodies should be sync'd, before the TPS adjustment.

I've had the exact same problems you describe, maybe the fix will be the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts