Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After springs and oil I like the fork on my SV1K so I'm thinking of putting 04+ SV1000S triple tree and forks on my 05 SV650S. I tried a search and could not find anyone who has done this. After looking at the fiche on www.ronayers.com it appears they all use the same bearings but I'm not sure about the stem length. Can anyone think of any complications that might arise besides the speedo hookup. Also, what special tools are needed for the triple tree and is there an aftermarket supplier for them. Thanks

G

·
cadhopper said:
After springs and oil I like the fork on my SV1K so I'm thinking of putting 04+ SV1000S triple tree and forks on my 05 SV650S. I tried a search and could not find anyone who has done this. After looking at the fiche on www.ronayers.com it appears they all use the same bearings but I'm not sure about the stem length. Can anyone think of any complications that might arise besides the speedo hookup. Also, what special tools are needed for the triple tree and is there an aftermarket supplier for them. Thanks
they will bolt right on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply TWF. I went out and measured the forks on the 06 SV1K from the top cap to the center of the axle and found that they are actually 15mm shorter than the 05 SV650 forks. This really surprised me seeing as the SV1K sits higher. I'm pretty sure the wheel and tire diameters are the same on both bikes.

Is this enough of a difference to cause a problem with rake and trail and make the bike unstable?

How much shorter are the 01-03 GSXR 750 forks when compared to SV650 forks?

G

·
no,it will not be problem,sv needs to be lowered on front and raised at back.
gsxr forks are about same as 1000,I think 18mm shorter.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
At the risk of threadjacking will the SV1000 shock fit on the rear of a SV650 too? seems like these two mods would solve alot of suspension problems with decent adjustibility at both ends??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found several threads were people have used SV1000 shocks. You still have the same problem with battery box clearance because of the shock reservoir. I am going to pull the SV1000 in beside the SV650 tonight and see if the rear fender/battery box are interchangeable. I will post a message here on the results.

Edit: Both rear fenders are the same part # so the SV1k part is interchangeable but will not solve the piggyback clearance problem. The shock on the SV1K is mounted deeper in the frame and offset to the right side to avoid the battery box.

The clevis measurements on the SV1K shock look to be 30mm and the length is about 330mm so the shock should fit on the the SV650 but you will still need to cut the battery box  :(.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, I just joined. I've got an '06 650s. I've got the 1000s rear shock on my bike and I'm looking to add the front forks off of a 1000s. This post helped out, but I was wondering, if I'd still be able to run my stock wheel and axle, but just put the 1000s brake rotors on it, or would I have to change out the whole front end, including the calipers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Jeremy I think you have to do the whole monty as the SV1000 front wheel is more similar in spacing to the GSXR than the SV650. (I think, TWF?)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
TWF? When you do the F3 wheel conversion on a 2003 Sv650, do the stock Honda sprocket and brake rotor fit straight on with your spacer kit?, or do I have to bolt my SV parts on the wheel?

G

·
yes.you use stock sv caliper and caliper hanger.
basicly everything between left swingarm rail and caliper hanger comes from F3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts