Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a guy who's selling me a spring/shock of an 04 gsxr600, is that all i'll need for the swap?

i know the bolt isn't identical, but i want to make sure i don't need anything else.

any info would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i just put an 05 600 shock on my sv. all you need is the shock, and a . . . . .i believe 10mm x (fill in the pitch, i used 1.25) x 55 mm bolt. i could only find a 75, so i tightened her down (using red loctite, all i had at the time) and than used my dremel and chopped off the rest of the bolt pretty close to the threads and it cleared the dog bones easily. i weigh like 130 ish and i think the shock is a little too much at times. when riding over bumps, i frequently pop off my seat, i havent gotten around to adjusting the preload yet b/c i dont have a wrench thatll fit right on it, the sv one just slips off. over all, i think it was a good investment, 25 bucks for a brand spankin new shock. sorry for the ramble, im a little drunk already!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
um, generally it comes as a complete unit. shock/spring as one. i dont know why anyone would bother selling the peices seperate. just hit up ebay and search for GSXR SHOCK and youll come up with about 20 million items. since i didnt have the money to get mine all redone by svraceshop, i just waited until i found a new one and bought that. i ended up with a 2005 600 shock for only 30 shipped to my door, and it was brand new. so dont just hop on the first one, the good ones are out there

·
Registered
212 Posts
im thinking about the same thing... but im 6 foot 4 255 lbs. Should i get new rearsets too? Wondering if i can drop them and go back an inch to get a little more room on the bike... what do you guys think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts