Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my bike and this little sucker split right in half. Anyone have a spare lying around I could buy off them for a reasonable price?

Mod: if this post is in the wrong place, please move it to the right place, as I could not find a "need parts" section like most SV forums have...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Rear Brake Lever?

Reasonable Price?

:roflmao:

Sorry, allow me to regain my composure.

First off, Welcome to the Forum!

You would think those things were made out of Gold! I, like many here, looked for a couple months for a used lever to no avail. I bought new and you can't get away with much less than about $70 for the fookin' thing. I was lucky 'cuz when I received the new one, I finally attempted to straighten my pretzled original while it was still on the bike. IT WORKED even though I figured it would snap. Now, I have a sealed, unopened spare in my parts box.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Saw one for $30 on ebay new & shipped - I couldn't find one with (fake) carbon fiber. Matched the pipe soo.... I got the shifter lever CF (same price) but no brake. Good quality.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh my sack - you have those first two statements totally right! This is unbelievable... kindof makes me want to contract a machine shop to make me some aftermarket ones and sell them for some major mulah... it has to be possible...
jballa, thanks for the scout - Iv been watching ebay like a hawk and the best iv seen was 70$ for the entire rear system... but all I need is the lever, so Im screwed I guess...
Going to start visiting random junkyards now :(
Anyone have better ideas, please holler - I will check here regularly :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
oh my sack - you have those first two statements totally right! This is unbelievable... kindof makes me want to contract a machine shop to make me some aftermarket ones and sell them for some major mulah... it has to be possible...
jballa, thanks for the scout - Iv been watching ebay like a hawk and the best iv seen was 70$ for the entire rear system... but all I need is the lever, so Im screwed I guess...
Going to start visiting random junkyards now :(
Anyone have better ideas, please holler - I will check here regularly :)
Just the lever is $54.99 on oneidasuzuki.com kinda overpriced yeah but oh well.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/brake-pedal-sv650s-sv1000s-1999-06.html

part #9

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just the lever is $54.99 on oneidasuzuki.com kinda overpriced yeah but oh well.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/brake-pedal-sv650s-sv1000s-1999-06.html

part #9

Don't forget to account for Oneida's typical BOHICA Shipping Costs (that's Bend Over Here It Comes Again). I just checked their site, $54 + over $15 to ship!! (maybe a little cheaper for the OP).

Oneida is no different than those ebaY ass-holes that offer a reasonable price for an item and then charge you 3 times what it really costs to ship something.

I'd never do business with those pricks for that reason alone.

·
Registered
308 Posts
when i was looking for a replacement the cheapest i found was $70 shipped. might wanna check the for sale section here if you havent already. there has to be someone that bought aftermarket rearsets that will part with there oem break lever.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Smashing idea...

I'm going to buy up ALL the available SV Rear Brake Levers. I will have total control over the price of levers.....

sort of a self proclaimed Lever Baron if you will.

Yessss, that's it! Exxxxcellent!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oh my sack - thanks for hijacking my thread :p lol

however.... you do kindof have an idea there... ill let you buy them all up, then ill get some aftermarket ones made, and we can then flood the market with overpriced goods!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts