Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not... it was the closest one I could post in. I'm looking at an SV650 right now, in good shape body wise, and it seems perfect mechanically. It just got done with the 25,000mi valve service (it has about 24k on it), all paperwork. Second owner wants to sell after about 8 months as this was his "learning" bike and wants something with more power.

What would be a good, fair price? I'm in California.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
03 being the middle-stepchild of the SV years, 25k miles, good service performed, not needing any additional consumables (brake pads, tires, chain/sprockets, etc) and not showing any signs of cosmetic damage....
I'd say probably around $2500-3000 at max.

Good fair price varies by location so you might be better off comparing to prices shown in your local-markets Craigslist and comparing those with relative KBB values.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03 being the middle-stepchild of the SV years, 25k miles, good service performed, not needing any additional consumables (brake pads, tires, chain/sprockets, etc) and not showing any signs of cosmetic damage....
I'd say probably around $2500-3000 at max.

Good fair price varies by location so you might be better off comparing to prices shown in your local-markets Craigslist and comparing those with relative KBB values.
Cool. Thank you. I figured I was given a fair price, but I wanted to be sure (it's a tad bit less than that). I'll scrounge around CL, but I live in a fairly lowly populated area (for california, anyway).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't go over 3k being a Californian myself. Try for 2700-2800 would be a solid buy given the mileage and age of the bike.

For reference I got a full fairing 06 sv650s at 16k miles for 3700, but I did buy during summer time. Good price but could've done better in winter or if I waited longer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this thread is a few days old, but I just picked up an '03 for $2400 last Saturday. What a beauty it is. All naked, all stock. Only 12,000 miles.

$2500 seems to be about the going price for SVs right now in SoCal where I am.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I and my brother just bought SV's within the last two months....Mine is an 06 SV650s clean title 8.5/10 cosmetic condition with 21,300 miles and I paid $2,200 from a guy in rochester, ny. my brother bought a 2005 SV650S 7/10 cosmetic condition with full fairings and 10,500 miles. It was crashed but still has a clean title. All plastics restored and painted. some things were bent here and there but nice overall. he paid $2000 from a guy in olean, ny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts