Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are looking to get any engine work done, let me know and I'll refer you to an outstanding builder. I just got my bike back on the dyno yesterday, and supersport spec, it made 83.7 hp. I almost sh*t my pants to say the least. Thats a lot of power without major work. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What did you have done? What was the damage$$$

I think I'd crap myself too...that's like a 15% improvement in HP!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basic supersport stuff. Decked head, valve job, degreed cams and a couple other secrets. A good bit less than 2k depending on what you have done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good-ness. Glad I'm not racing in your series. You sure he didn't bore it out when you weren't looking? who is this mysterious conjurer of horses? I'm doing motor work this winter.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His name is Rodney Vaughn. He's built a lot of big AMA racers engines. He mostly does I-4 stuff and built all my gsxr motors, but I talked him into doing this SV and its awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Decked Heads?

This may be a newbie question, but what are decked heads? Also, from a performance point of view, what do they do on a valve job? Most valve jobs I've heard of are to fix bent or cracked valves, not improve working ones.

T

·
0 Posts
over here across the pond, we have a company called JHS racing, and for racers they offer a race angine kit-out package, they'll increase angine capacity anywhere up to 800cc!!!! do cam adjustment (well replacement really), tensioners, chains, sprockets and valves and pistons rods and heads too. 1500 of our english pounds is the price but its worth it (96 horses - i shit you not). couple that with a yosh / akrapovic X system and you'll destroy any competition. Crank adjusters and anew LC system allow revs up to 14000 which means you can now, with a humble SV650 (or at least what started out as an sv650s) destroy a gixxer 600 and about match a gixxer 750 (unless the 750 gets on the highway, then we may be introuble)

TRICK

http://www.jhsracing.co.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts
How much do engine builders knock off the heads? .020 and then take out the middle head gasket? Not a SV owner yet, but I may be in a month as soon as the doctor releases me to ride again.

Kris... is that engine guy local to Alabama? I haven't talked to you since the AMA races in Spud's pit, but it is looking more and more like I'll be out there in WERA Novice on a LWT next season.

Chris Halbrooks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he's in georgia. but for the last year i've been using MSP Cycles to build my motors. they're in atlanta, race SV's, and have probably built over 50% of all the SV's on the wera grid. i can get you in touch with them. just let me know anytime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts