Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there :)

I'm new to this forum!! I just stepped up from a Honda Nx 250. So far...I'm utterly in love with the Sv's; Such a fun bike....

Anyways, today I was riding home from work. I arrived at a intersection making a left turn when I noticed that my turn signals weren't working. I flipped the turn signal switch left and right a few times when all of the sudden, the bike died just like that. Then I tried turning it back on and noticed that the engine was idling at like <1000 rpms getting more sluggish by the second until finally (this has never happened before), it turned off. This happened like 2 or 3 times until I flipped the high beam switch to low, then it turned on; It purred like a ferocious lion again. I don't know if it had anything to do with the headlights switch, but yea...now my peace of mind is shattered.

It was like 100+ F today with a little bit of rain ( I, however, covered the bike with a trash bag) Could this have anything to do with it?

Any idea's my brothers? Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
From your description, it would probably be worthwhile to clean the left control pod. WD-40 followed by dielectric grease is one method. Electronic/tuner spray is another.

Personally, I suspect the idle issue is unrelated, but you might as well have working signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys!!! If anything, the bike probably needs a new battery and the left control pod definitely needs a scrub down...as does most of the bike. Anyways, I noticed a pattern today when riding home (the aforementioned bike turning off problem hasn't happened since last time). The signals and everything else were working perfectly, it was when I came to a stop and realized my signals weren't on that I noticed the problem. I tried to flip the switch again and it just wouldn't work while previously (like 1 minute before) it was just fine. Just so you guys know, I tested the lights while the bike was stationary and idling as well; The lights were working just fine!!

I come to stops keeping the bike in gear, and noticed (but not sure) it was when I tried flipping the signal switch with the clutch pulled in that it wouldn't work. Remembering last time I only flipped it twice before I stopped just in case the bike was feeling a bit nostalgic.

Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.