Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the main difference between the 03 and later models is the subframe, if that is the case can I just bolt onto my 03 a later model subframe ????

·
Registered
832 Posts
You may also need new frame covers (black triangles). Your exhaust can hanger will probably not line up. That might be easily fixed if you have an aftermarket can, you can loosen the clamps on the exhaust and wiggle it around.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
LOL - they arent that bad!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The '03 OEM seat sucks a dog's arse.
Mine caused hip damage after a 3 day ride. The ridge was right on my hip joint and cause ligiment damage. Limped for a year. Seriously.
There is a reason they changed the design after only one year on the market.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The '03 OEM seat sucks a dog's arse.
Mine caused hip damage after a 3 day ride. The ridge was right on my hip joint and cause ligiment damage. Limped for a year. Seriously.
There is a reason they changed the design after only one year on the market.
It's not that bad, i've never had any issues.

I also bought the Gel seat recently, while my bum won't hurt after a 5 hour ride (I have no ass at all), the seat itself sucks in positioning.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
It's not that bad, i've never had any issues.
My inseam length probably contributed. 30". But I again remind you that they changed the design after only one season. That ain't normal for bike manufacturers. Some bikes are the same for over 10 years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My inseam length probably contributed. 30". But I again remind you that they changed the design after only one season. That ain't normal for bike manufacturers. Some bikes are the same for over 10 years.
They didn't change it, they already had it. The S and N had different sub frames, they consolidated the range and more than likely brought down production costs.
Waite until your aluminium frame cracks from metal fatigue because it can't handle the weight.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
They changed a lot of things from the 03' to the 04'+ I dont think the seat was the factor. The newer models seats are just as uncomfortable.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks, guess I could have looked that up myself. :eek:ccasion14:
No probs. I would say they just consolidated parts and went for the lower seat height.
We have had a few aluminium subs crack here in Oz, specially when luggage racks are fitted. One rack manufacturer even revised their mounting system and reduced load carrying capacity.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts