Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 03 I picked up last May.

My question is - when riding it last year, it always felt as if the front end was too low. The headlight was also aimed to close. When I'd accelerate and the front end lifted, the head light would look great!

So my question is...before setting sag, is there a static height measurement the front end should be aligned to?

Maybe I've got sagging springs, or not enough fluid. Maybe I need to put spacers in the fork tubes.

I dunno...help me out here!

·
Registered
33 Posts
"is there a static height measurement the front end should be aligned to?" No, there isn't. It will just be what it is after you set the sag, with you on the bike. If you don't like where the headlight points, you can adjust that yourself.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Static sag for your forks should be ~25mm. Rider sag should be about ~35mm. Don't forget to account for stiction when setting sag on your forks.

I don't know how much preload you can add on the stock SV. It's got pretty soft springs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Static sag for your forks should be ~25mm. Rider sag should be about ~35mm. Don't forget to account for stiction when setting sag on your forks.

I don't know how much preload you can add on the stock SV. It's got pretty soft springs.
Personally, I think maybe a fat ass had the bike before me and now the springs are compressed some.

Where do you measure the ~25mm from? And whats is stiction?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts