Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of a bunch of winter projects with my 2003 SV650N, I came across a good deal on a stripped 2007 650 frame and swingarm. I have always wanted a black frame but never wanted to pay for the powdercoating or deal with the hassle of repainting every few years.

Anyway, will a 2003 motor and essentially every other bit (including the 2003 subframe and rear wheel) fit the 2007 frame and swingarm? I would also like to keep the steeper angle that the 03 subframe has. I'm not sure if the 2004+ have different mounting points for their subframes or not.

Any help is appreciated. I searched around for a bit on frame differences and surprisingly didn't find much.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Motor will fit, subframe will not fit exactly. You may have to do a mix-match of parts off of the '03 for that to work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the difference between the subframe's shape due to the geometry of the subframe itself or is it due to the mounting points on the frame? I'm pretty sure it's the subframe that is different since it's always a different part number for the 03. I'm hoping the frames are all the same and that the 03 subframe on the 07 frame will mount the same as it did because I'm planning to reuse my seat and tail fairings. Anything else should be minor and I can work around, but the subframe and fairing fitment is the main thing I'm concerned about.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Subframe to frame mounts are the same. The only difference is material the subframe is made from (steel instead of AL), angle of the subframe, and the exhaust mount will be a little higher up than the stock 07 (not a problem if you reuse your exhaust)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts