Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was with Efnar for a good 5 hours or so (thanks Efnar!) trying to install a 2005 GSXR 600 shock into my 2003 sv650s. After a lot of wear and tear we finally got the shock in and have installed it in place, but we are faced with a dilmena, the undertray will not fit anymore onto the frame.

I heard that the battery box must be cut to allow room for the reservoir to slip in, but I found it extremely difficult to cut the undertray while it was still attached. We tried taking off the wires but to no avail.

One of the wires (it's located right in front of the battery box) will not budge and I don't want to risk anything by applying force to it, can anyone suggest ways to disconnect the wiring from the undertray? It would be greatly appreciated.

I also noticed that the 2003 battery box is a lot different from the 04+ ones, how much of it should i cut?

Thanks everyone! pictures will come soon.

·
Registered
827 Posts
depends if the shock is a 1K or 600. 1K requires cutting the batt box and the 600 the toolbox is cut. i noticed yours is an 03 so i'm clueless how your undertray is.

i removed my undertray and cut it with a hot butter knife. as far as disconnecting those harnesses, just be patient and press the tab down using a small allen key.

i used a 07-08 GSXR1K shock on my first gen and cut about that much from my battery box.

i did a short write up here:
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=89653

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but my undertray has to fit over the reservoir and it's blocking it from actually mounting, if it were possible for the actual undertray to bend over the reservoir i wouldn't need to trim the batt box... i'll have some pictures up by tomorrow night when i work on it again

·
Registered
138 Posts
trying to install a 2005 GSXR 600 shock into my 2003 sv650s.
I also noticed that the 2003 battery box is a lot different from the 04+ ones, how much of it should i cut?
about 2 inches of depth.
i cutted without removing it. you need a good hot knife and a couple of edges.
try after coming back from a trip. working on hot plastic is much easier.
you can also remove the battery and fil the box with a little of hot water......

post your pics , probably i can help you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts