Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to say Merry Christmas to all.

My question is about jetting in 650ft above sea.

Setup:

Busa Pistons, one of three head gaskets removed. 2003 intake cams with my intake cams moved to the exhaust. Full exhaust w/ K&N.

I'm thinking Mains: 155 Makuni
Pilots: 17.5's
Factory slide clip set on 3.
Fuel/mix screw set at 3 out from gently seated.

Does this sound right? I haven't put the engine in yet I'm waiting till I can get a break from work but I wouldn't mind some insight to see if I'm in the ball park. I'm hoping I can get it in the ball park as I still have to break in the pistons.

Thanks in advance,

Grav.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Donnie, I actually gathered my info from what you had done, however I was concerned about the 3 turns on the Fuel/mix and the slide. I was htinking using the 4th clip. What does the clip on the slide do anyway? Does it allow the slide to open more quickly or does it cause the slide to stay open a bit more than stock? That has always vexed me.

Thanx again for your help,

Grav.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
With the cams, exhaust and BMC filter 3 turns on the AF screws was to much and it idled like crap. 2.5 or 2.75 (can't remember...) turns it idles great.

The piston in the carb lifts up as more air rushs through the carb. As the piston lifts up the needle goes up with it. As the needle goes up it is pulled out of the mid range jet. The lower you put the clip on the needle the higher it sits in the piston and hence the sooner it starts to let more fuel through.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the 3rd notch. Considering my filter flows alot more than yours and you're higher up I'm thinking that 4th is to much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts