Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hands on a not-well-maintained 2003 650S awhile ago and have decided to attempt a cafe fighter build.

Previous owner tore the front end off so I hacked together a headlight and janky mount for the stock dash for the time being.

Decided to get a little wild with it, starting with a swingarm swap.

Snagged an '07 (I think) ZX-10r rear shock and an '07 ZX-6r swingarm. Got everything aligned and pseudo-installed this afternoon.

Will be taking it apart, doing some deep cleaning on everything, regreasing the greasy bits, and refinishing the swingarm somehow (probably paint).

Crappy picture but here it is.

Sidenote: If anyone wants the rear fairings and grab bar from an '03 copper (or passenger pegs, swingarm, shock, or seat), let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More teardown happened today. Looking less like a bike now...

Once I got the subframe off, I tucked all the electronic bits away, propped up the wheel, and used a screwdriver to prop up the seat roughly how I'm hoping to have it when it's finished.

I'll be shortening the seat a bit (from the rear), probably extending the front shoulders a bit to wrap around the tank more, then wrapping it with some brown diamond stitched leather.

The tank and front fender (if I keep it) will be wrapped in ghost pearl satin vinyl from 3M. Thinking about sourcing a non-silver frame to swap everything to :dontknow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should explore a bobber look, repositioning the foot pegs somewhere near the oil cooler....:shifty:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts