Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode home today from my G/F's apt which is one town over. It was nice to finally get on my bike after it rained for a week straight. I didn't notice it last night on the way there, however, on my way home my rear brake felt like it had a ton of pedal travel and just felt faint. I get home and the caliper is a bit loose(this was a concern)! I let her cool off a bit and go to lube the chain while it's still warm. Find the tools and check the bolt tension. All is firm as it should be. So I decide to remove the caliper. My outer pad definitely told me, "replace me *****!" the inner pad, had a big, "F-YOU!" as I inspected it. Not only was it almost down to the metal, it had a bad wear pattern!

So I hear EBC pads are great, not to expect much from their HH model?
Stainless brake lines and clutch line are almost here(got these mostly for aesthetics and wanted to replace the near 10 year old hardware).

I plan to get front pads at the same time I order the rear, the fronts are close to needing replacement and I might as well knock them out now then another month later.

Which pads are highly thought after and have a good-decent price?

Also, how do you inspect your rotors if they need replacing? Good ol' digital caliper? and if its out of spec replace? I am doubting its worth having bike rotors turned?

Not certain if this is worth mentioning, rear caliper and brake rotor are stock. The fronts are 00/01 GSXR 1000 6-pot calipers.

Thank you!

PS. Thought I would mention, I only do slightly spirited street riding and commuting on my bike right now. No track days yet in the plans.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a reputable website to order them from? Doing some searches and the websites I've run into seem, iffy.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, curious if anyone has used CM56 or CM66 pads? CM56's seem more street friendly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts