Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SV1000, I cannot for the life of me get this thing to start! when you turn on the bike, the FI light flashes, the motor will turn over, but it wont fire over. We have checked the spark plugs and they are working fine, I dont know if there is fuel going to it or not. has any one else had this problem before?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Weak battery?
Dirty battery connections?
Green connector?

Not likely the TO sensor.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Has it been sitting for a long time? And if so, was fuel stabilizer added to the tank and circulated into the injectors prior to storage?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think we know the answer because he started another thread with a little more info but if you guys want to play along and promise not to look up the answer in the other thread, I'll give you another hint:
He hasn't been able to start the bike since it was recently stolen.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think we know the answer because he started another thread with a little more info but if you guys want to play along and promise not to look up the answer in the other thread, I'll give you another hint:
He hasn't been able to start the bike since it was recently stolen.
Enjoy.
Hmmmm.....this IS a tough one. :nana:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the bike was stolen, and I got it back. I think we have figured out the problem, we did not have the right ignition and due to the resistor in the ignition it wont start with out it. I have a new ignition coming tomorrow, I will let you all know if it worked.

I am sorry about posting 2 threads, i accidentally posted the first one in the 650 section, and I don;t know how to delete it.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I am sorry about posting 2 threads, i accidentally posted the first one in the 650 section, and I don;t know how to delete it.
No worries- I wasn't trying to give you sh!t about the two threads.
You can't delete threads anymore; this is why you couldn't figure out how to do so.

Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It worked! got the new ignition, plugged it in and it fired right up! I am so Glad to have my bike back to life!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts