Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to fit the 03-05 mirrors to an 02 SVS? Is it totally impossible or can it be done relatively easy?

My search for 99-02 mirrors currently sucks :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
No its a completely diffrent fitting and the distance between the bolts are different as well. If you cant see why not use my extenders at www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chewy22 said:
No its a completely diffrent fitting and the distance between the bolts are different as well. If you cant see why not use my extenders at www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/
thanks, its hard to tell from the parts fiche if the spacing is different on the bolt patterns

i could see just fine if i didn't have a shattered mirror ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Yes there is a way to make them fit, but they dont just bolt on.  I really wouldnt recomend it to anyone. Those are 03 mirrors on my 01.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
i have gsxr mirrors on my 02, from what ive been told, they're the same, 03+ sv and gxsr mirrors, am i wrong?

when i put the screw thru the mirrors they went directly thru the holes in my windscreen soo thats another reason im confident they're all the same...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
novakane said:
i have gsxr mirrors on my 02, from what ive been told, they're the same, 03+ sv and gxsr mirrors, am i wrong?

when i put the screw thru the mirrors they went directly thru the holes in my windscreen soo thats another reason im confident they're all the same...
What year gix mirrors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
novakane said:
i have gsxr mirrors on my 02, from what ive been told, they're the same, 03+ sv and gxsr mirrors, am i wrong?
Yes that?s right the will fit. The base of the mirror is slightly a different shape but the bolt distance is the same I don?t think it makes any improvements but just gives you more options to source them. The new Suzuki GS500 has much longer arms but they are at a different angle so renders them useless.
The range of GSXR mirrors that fit our SV650s SV100s year 02 to 05 are 2002 to 2004 GSXR600 750 and 1k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
chewy22 said:
Yes that?s right the will fit. The base of the mirror is slightly a different shape but the bolt distance is the same I don?t think it makes any improvements but just gives you more options to source them. The new Suzuki GS500 has much longer arms but they are at a different angle so renders them useless.
The range of GSXR mirrors that fit our SV650s SV100s year 02 to 05 are 2002 to 2004 GSXR600 750 and 1k.
Ok, the 1st gen SVS (99-02) mirrors are not the same as the 2nd gen (03-05). The two dont swap. I dont know what year of GSXR mirros fit the SVS but I know for sure that the 1st and 2nd gen bikes are not the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
novakane said:
they're 03 gsxr mirrors on mine
Im having kind of a difficult time with this statement especially because above you said that they just fit right into the holes.

This is a 99-02 SVS mirror: Notice the connection style and the boot around the screw holes.


This is a mirror from a 03 SV 650S, which is the same for all 03-05 SV650/SV1000 S... its also the same mirror you find on the 03-05 GSXRs.


The two mirrors are not the same. The lower one is the one I have on my bike and it does not just bolt right up, I had to modify the faring stay pretty heavly to get it to work. The 99-02 is a shorter distance between the bolts, 03-05 is larger and has no rubber boot around the mirror.

Nov, do you have a pic of your bike with the mirrors on it?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top