Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I got this 02 SV650s with under 13K miles and came with slip on scorpion. The bike runs excellent on the road and highway but the problem is when I sit more than two minutes at the stop light under HOT :blob8: Las Vegas weather. The problem I am having is the bike seems like its getting too much gas ( i think) because when I try moving it seems like its drowning. The problems normally goes away as soon I am able to move faster or if I rev the throttle. I just cleaned both carbs and now it idles better and smoother but I still get the same old issue. Could it be my fuel mixture? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! :hello:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
After you check all the easy and simple things, (I'll add checking the valve clearances as you are getting close to the recommended period) you might be inside the carbs for the solution. The needle/seats will wear with time, and hot conditions can make a borderline flooding condition into an actual one. If you can't find anything else wrong....try dropping the float levels 1/16" and see if it isn't better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
What jets are in there, and how many turns on the mixture screws? Did you check the float level?

(When you say you cleaned the carbs, you mean you did a proper cleaning and took them all apart, right?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts