Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well last year I bought a 2002 sv650 with only 5k miles on it, about 3 months ago I crashed it into a guard rail, and pretty much totaled it.

This is how it looked last year when I cleaned it all up and got it road ready.

This was it after I crashed it.

So I bought a gsxr 750 front end off of a user on this site, then a gsxr rear shock froma friend and went to work.

I bought a whole bunch of other parts, radiator, cables, throttle tube, buell headlight w/ windscreen, and many more parts to try and get it back together, then I went to work on the bike.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here is what I have done so far, my D&D exhaust just came in today so I have yet to tackle that, maybe this weekend, maybe.

The rear gsxr shock in, and the battery moved, and battery box built around the shock reservoir.

The gsxr 750 front end on.

It was a tight fit with the new shock on there, it is substantially larger than the stock one.

The D&D exhaust, not half bad for $71, the front header is hanging on the bike for a test fit, so it is a complete exhaust.

So that's it for now, just waiting for a few more parts, then a bit for body work, paint, some suspension tuning, and it should be done.

I will post some more updates as they come and if I have some free time.

Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
How could the frame be OK after a crash that did that to the forks? That's incredible, I love the partially-unwound fork spring!

Do you have a link to a thread about the crash? Looking at the bike I have to say I'm glad/suprised you made it.

That silver USD front end looks awesome on the bike, looking forward to seeing more. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Did some work to the bike, my dad made a headlight mount bracket at his machine shop, sick custom work I must say.

Here is the headlight and windscreen mounted, might need to be adjusted to the height I want, I will know that once I get the tach in and my clip ons.

Just waiting on a few parts, once I get a hold of a fender, everything is off to paint, and once I get a tach and clip ons I will be firing the bike up.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
wow, I like the headlight brackets...very nice job.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
very nice, glad your alright after that accident. wow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey man I saw your bike on western mass craigslist after you wrecked it. Im in amherst, let me know when that thing is back together and we can go for a ride.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your dad wouldn't want to make a couple more of those headlight brackets, would he?
Haha I already asked him to make a few more, lol. This thing is top notch quality and is better than anything I could have bought. He is also making me blinker brackets that should be similiar just smaller, we'll see how those come out.

Why you need one?

Hey man I saw your bike on western mass craigslist after you wrecked it. Im in amherst, let me know when that thing is back together and we can go for a ride.
Yeah I didn't know what to do after the crash, I kinda panicked and just wanted to get rid of it. After doind some homework I realized it is cheaper to rebuild and since it is winter in New England anyways it didn't really matter all that much. I am actually attending UMASS right now, lol.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm digging the ladder/chain hoist bike stand. Very nicely done.

Oh, and the bike stuff is nice too...

... Kidding of course.

I remember seeing your crash thread and assumed it would be total trash. It's awesome that you are taking the rebuild route, and you'll get much more satisfaction out of it afterwards. The headlight bracket looks awesome by the way, much better than anything aftermarket. Good luck with the project. I'll be doing something similar very soon, except my bike will be tore down completely and cleaned/painted and THEN put back together with all the new goodies.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Haha I already asked him to make a few more, lol. This thing is top notch quality and is better than anything I could have bought. He is also making me blinker brackets that should be similiar just smaller, we'll see how those come out.

Why you need one?

I'm looking for something more 'finished' than my current set-up, which is just a modified stock bracket. Although, I'm running the stock headlight, so I'd need something that would match roughly the same dimensions (distance from the fork tube) as the stock brackets. The one he made looks pretty close, but might be a little short - I don't know.

I'd also need or have the option to mount my signals, as they're currently mounted to the dog-ears that attach to the headlight. See here: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/grimreaperOG/c54f062d.jpg

I'd be interested in learning more, though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts

Why you need one?
I would be interested in one. I run a stock headlight and have my signals attached to the stock headlight bracket similar to OG's set up.

Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts