Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I rode with one of my buddies from work today and we swapped bikes...he has a ninja 600. I'm sure this has type of thread has been done to death, but that thing was pretty fun! 1 thing I noticed, the SV is really a street touring sport bike. His was more compact as far as the handlebars and the rear break/shifter positioning, which was actually quite comfortable. We took them out on a "deserted" road (I live in Fargo, road was straight as an arrow with no hills for miles). He told me to hit it so I did, and a few seconds later I looked down and saw 140! and it was like i wasnt even really moving and the bike wasnt working that hard. I was impressed at how smooth that thing was, my bike may need to be broken in, or maybe its a v-twin thing, but my bike is much choppier as far as hitting bumps and twisting the throttle a little. My bike will jump around and his was very smooth all the way through the RPM range. Also his bike didnt want to try to pull you off the back like the SV does, it was surprising to me. All in all, I still love the SV because its way more useful and flickable in town, but the I-4's are still fun to ride every once in a while. ;)
Also figured out the shifting without a clutch thing, thats quite convenient when your being lazy. 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
I prefer the smooth, climactic power delivery of the inline fours to the 650 twin.
I've grown fond of my friends F4i, for those same reasons. Love my 650, but its future does look dim.

On a side note, you're a bastard ben, you have my same jacket and helmet but you got the bike I wanted :cry: guess I'll have to get the blue or silver one instead.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
to me, the lumpyness of a twin or thumper is what motorcycling is all about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
05SVS said:
Also his bike didnt want to try to pull you off the back like the SV does, it was surprising to me. 8)
??? Are we talking about power on this one??? I still remember the first time I rode an SV. I was used to my Seca II, and I thought...'well, this thing doesn't sound too excited.' So I short shifted out of first and went WOT in 2nd. As I slid further and further away from the bars, I realized that I had totally underestimated the whole V-2 deal and was hooked. Sort of a "I'm ready when you are" power deliver as opposed to the building to orgasm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
evilbologna said:
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
I prefer the smooth, climactic power delivery of the inline fours to the 650 twin.
I've grown fond of my friends F4i, for those same reasons. Love my 650, but its future does look dim.

On a side note, you're a bastard ben, you have my same jacket and helmet but you got the bike I wanted :cry: guess I'll have to get the blue or silver one instead.
Well...I can't figure out whether or not my helmet even matches or not. I got it 'cause I liked the colors of the helmet...but I wasn't really planning on switching from my SV when I bought it.

You can get a titanium OTD for $7800 at my local dealership...it's about three hours away from you. You should ride down, pick it up...then we could ride up to Binghamton.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
You can get a titanium OTD for $7800 at my local dealership...it's about three hours away from you. You should ride down, pick it up...then we could ride up to Binghamton.
Ben you have a PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
A good friend of mine has the exact same bike, same thing the power is pretty linear, you dont notice how fast your going. I still like a V-Twin better but its nice having that power up top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
140 MPH for that my friend you'd loose your DL and maybe go to jail depence on what state you live in. In that case I wouldnt think about bikes
at all and cant see my self riding a bus and walking in 90 degrees humid as shit weather :lol:
Yeah that be pretty fucked up, power is tempting fellas but remember your limits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Yyun, what body kit is that you have on your bike?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top