Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

01forfun's "Build" Discussion/Suggestions

10K views 88 replies 32 participants last post by  01forfun 
#1 ·
Like some other cats on the forums, I both LOVE and hate the no comment feature of the build thread. Just curious what some of you would do if this was your bike. Budget is limited. I buy stuff when I sell stuff.

Both positive and negative feedback appreciated. I don't get defensive.

.....you d-bags...

Click Me:hug:

#3 ·
I think it looks hot as Sh!t, is that it's final color? Storm trooper?

#5 ·
i love the buell fairing but i think the windscreen part of it needs to be a little taller.

where it is now the rear looks sexy like it came from the factory that way but the front looks off.

I think having a bigger flyscreen on the fairing would round it out better especially if it is a smoke flyscreen.

#8 ·
i'm not normally a fan of the curvy but i have to say this looks amazing!
and also kind of agree with adyingbreed, a little taller screen (not much) would finish her off..

excellent work dude!

ps, how much did you pay for the GSXR front end?? only asking as i'm looking for the same thing myself!!

peace

#19 ·
I agree! I tried that, but the problem I'm running into is clearance to turn the forks to full lock both ways. The fairing is attached to the stem and not the forks. I even hacked up the stay trying to make it work. Basically, it can be done if I hack the fairing some more, but I have to then find a new gauge solution. Running out of $$ for new stuff. Still thinking about a TrailTech. I may still do it.

bacarl said:
Next step, powercoat the frame black!
I agree again! I just don't feel like tearing the whole thing apart again right now after I just put it all together. That's a daunting task :D

I appreciate the input, fellas. Keep it coming!

#18 ·
^ that's exactly what I was just thinking. I read some of your build thread posts so I hate to suggest you mess even more with the fairing! In profile it actually looks sweet, but some of the front 3/4 shots make it looks like it's sticking its neck out.

I love the dual blacked out exhausts, probably my favorite bit. Next step, powercoat the frame black! haha :)

Really does look sharp though.

#20 ·
I was thinking of repainting my curvy white after my crash rebuild, but wasn't sure if the white would work with the silver frame. These pictures have convinced me that it works. Although for 01forfun, with the black wheels and pipes, i also think the frame needs to be black, to tie it all together. Maybe that's for another time ;)

#33 ·
definitely need the rear higher, i think if the rear cowl was white that would help the look.

also, whats with the cheapy rear signals, while you're running nice rizomas up front? you need some better looking rear signals for sure.

also, you need to get rid of the fairing mounts. they can be a pita to remove, but its worth the effort.

and anything you cna do to clean up in between the subframe and the swingarm near the front of the swingarm will look better. if you're serious, cut the passenger peg brackets off. rearrange the battery and fuse panel so there's nothing but daylight under there. ditch the rear res if you still have it (i couldn't see it in the pics).

#34 ·
definitely need the rear higher, i think if the rear cowl was white that would help the look.
Yea, I just looked at the bike from every angle in my garage this afternoon, and I totally agree. Thanks to you and Swiest for this revelation. I would have never come up with that (from an aesthetic POV) on my own.

507phantom said:
also, whats with the cheapy rear signals, while you're running nice rizomas up front? you need some better looking rear signals for sure.
The rear signals were there from the PO. Always worked great! Exhaust was put on this winter season as well. Problem is, now I've got 2 holes in the fairings, if I change them. Will probably dip into the wallet and replace them with these. Ouch. $$$

507phantom said:
also, you need to get rid of the fairing mounts. they can be a pita to remove, but its worth the effort.
Noted :D That's on my to-do list. PITA is right!

507phantom said:
and anything you can do to clean up in between the subframe and the swingarm near the front of the swingarm will look better. if you're serious, cut the passenger peg brackets off. rearrange the battery and fuse panel so there's nothing but daylight under there. ditch the rear res if you still have it (i couldn't see it in the pics).
Wifey rides with me so pass mounts stay. (Still need to put pegs back on) 1st gens have the res behind the right rear cowl, so already out of view. These suggestions (although good) may be a little too far fetched for me. I think they're great suggestions for a show bike, but not for my commuter :)

Great feedback. Thank you.

#35 ·
i immediately had 2 turn signal ideas for you. what about these, w/the housing painted to match the bike. at first they seem similar to what you've got, but they're lower in profile, and not every wrecked squid has them.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Cha...ightsmscssid=4D9981964739479DAFA66E14DBE37738

my second thought was these
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Cha...ghts&mscssid=4D9981964739479DAFA66E14DBE37738

i actually had the same exact signals you have now, but on the front of my svs (po's fix for wrecked stockers) and these were the only ones i could find that i thought looked decent, and that were big enough to cover both the holes the j.o. put in the fairing installing those ugly honkers. they looked great until i became the squid who wrecked my bike.

btw, i have my rear pegs too, my kids love rides (wife won't dare). but i am thinking of the battery relocate to clean up the underside of the subframe, just because its a daily driver (mine is too) doesn't mean it can't be badass. i'm going to lose the trunk, but the only thing in there is a tool kit and a bungee net, i should be able to keep those there though.

#37 ·
definitely not as bright as rizomas, they're both just standard turn signal bulbs. i don't know of another signal thats as bright as rizomas, perhaps the big shock racing ones with all the led's in them. i only have seen/used the second one, and they're not all that bright. the bulb socket is sunk down, so only the top half or so of the bulb is exposed, so not quite as bright as stockers. i was more concerned about looks when they were not in use, as they are more off than on anyways. and they will cover up your holes, that was the main concern for me.

but for the first ones, i would imagine they would be similar to the stockers, when viewed from the rear, as they are somewhat aimed that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.