Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a muffler for my bike, but I don't know how to tune the carbs.

Do I NEED to have them tuned?

If yes, is there anyone who knows someone in south jersey who can tune them?

If I need a retune, can i use the stock carb needles?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Anyone have sound clips?

polished Part No. SV-SO $339.00

Also, do we get any kind of forum discount?

·
Registered
413 Posts
That was another board member demonstrating it.
The pipe is very mellow and deep toned at cruising speeds but very raspy and agressive sounding at WOT... I'm very pleased with mine. PLUS. Dale did all the tuning himself on his own SV so you get all the tuning tips on making your bike work correctly with the pipe. Most other companies send you a pipe and wish you luck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO
According to Dale he kept the factory jets and just reshimmed and got 5 more HP with his pipe... He tried the desnorkle, new filters, bigger jets, all the other stuff and osme of it worked more or less but affected driveability.
Call and talk to him. He'll give you all the info you need.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've read bad things about desnorkling.

And the less crap I have to buy the better. :)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
pipe + filter + jets = more power.
I absolutely can't imagine getting more than ~2 more HP out of your bike with the stock filter... but hey, what do I know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really just going for simplicity. Keeping the stock jets and stuff is more my style.

I've done enough ludacris mods to my car to make me want to keep the bike relatively stock.

BTW - you're selling your bike? Wanna trade exhausts + $?

A

·
0 Posts
Where in Joisey

Where are you? I'm near Trenton. Do you still need help? I doubt you'll need to do much to just make the Holeshot work. There are sites linked from the Trips and Ticks section that walk you through the carb shim process, but if you're desperate bring your bike up here some weekend, I'll walk you through it. It's dead easy.

Ari

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
If you just want a louder exhaust then I don't think you'll *need* to rejet but I'm not sure.

I have a Two Brothers slip-on (race mount) for sale here in Philly.

My bike has a stock exhaust, de-snorkled and was jetted (150 mains, 2 shims) and runs uber-strong. With the cams and the fore-mentioned config I was running neck-in-neck with gen2 bikes. The bike runs/idles/drives flawlessly. I completely disagree with anyone saying de-snorkle is a bad idea but does require jetting so it's not for everyone...

I only swapped out the de-snorkled stock filter 'cuz I got a K&N and now I'm going with a BMC, full exhaust and another re-jet (cams done recently too) :D

I have a full garage with tools and fabrication equipment, if you need help installing your pipe let me know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Where in Joisey

AriGabinet said:
Where are you? I'm near Trenton. Do you still need help? I doubt you'll need to do much to just make the Holeshot work. There are sites linked from the Trips and Ticks section that walk you through the carb shim process, but if you're desperate bring your bike up here some weekend, I'll walk you through it. It's dead easy.

Ari
That might work, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
donniej said:
If you just want a louder exhaust then I don't think you'll *need* to rejet but I'm not sure.

I have a Two Brothers slip-on (race mount) for sale here in Philly.

My bike has a stock exhaust, de-snorkled and was jetted (150 mains, 2 shims) and runs uber-strong. With the cams and the fore-mentioned config I was running neck-in-neck with gen2 bikes. The bike runs/idles/drives flawlessly. I completely disagree with anyone saying de-snorkle is a bad idea but does require jetting so it's not for everyone...

I only swapped out the de-snorkled stock filter 'cuz I got a K&N and now I'm going with a BMC, full exhaust and another re-jet (cams done recently too) :D

I have a full garage with tools and fabrication equipment, if you need help installing your pipe let me know.
How much would you want for the muffler?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts