Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 185 lbs is w/o gear, BTW. With a Vanson jacket, I may be closer to 200. :)

Your thoughts?

Calculator says 0.80.

This bike will not be at the track and is my daily commuter (weather permitting), so I don't want to be jarred around on the street.

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ignore the RT calculator. If it says 0.80 you most probably need 0.90. Call up one of the suspension places that sponsors the site and they'll set you up with the right springs.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
.90 sounds about right to me too for your weight. I'm 170lbs and have .85's. They're about right and I definietly wouldn't go lower than .80's for my weight...

Add 30lbs and I'm sure they'd be way too soft.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just ordered .90 through Sonic. The calculator said .85, Sonic said to go with .90. I weigh 190.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
buy traxxion or sonic springs

get .90-.95 if you're an aggressive rider

if youre just commuting and cruising, you could probably go for .85

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
psmoss said:
wonderjosh said:
buy traxxion or sonic springs
Are they better? I noticed the Sonics are quite a bit cheaper than MSRP on the Traxxion and Race Tech.
THey are more onsitent in their manufacturing process. So a measured Race Tech will be within 10% or so of the rated. The others a tad better.

Sonic Springs is a sponsor of this site and recommended by many. I have Traxxion and have had great experiences through them.

So... I'd say Sonic Springs because of the price advantage and their support (both customer and SVR)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts