Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
Showcase cover image for SV650S K5

General Information

Year
2005
Make
Suzuki
Model
SV 650 S
Color
Black
History
Previous owners used this bike for commuting and touring.
Bike is now used for sports riding, touring and racing.

Every time this bike has been raced it places on the podium in the Pro Twin (stock 650cc twins) class at club level- so far this bike has won 56% of races entered, and placed 2nd in the other 44% of its races.
2005 Suzuki SV 650 S (Black)

Modifications

Drivetrain
-Standard engine with new gearbox installed at 35,000km, gearbox undercut for better shifting.
-K&N Air Filter
-Arrow slip on stainless steel muffler, standard header pipes.
-Only the highest quality engine oil- ELF lubricants throughout, only non ELF product is the
Interior
Heated hand grips- only when its really cold do I put these on the bike.
Exterior
-Double bubble tinted screen by skidmarx.
-LED tail light with integrated indicators and brake light.
-Flush mount smoke tinted front LED indicators, not functional as they are useless, great for blanking the hole of old indicators- use indicators integrated into mirrors.
-Braided brake lines front and rear.
-Evo-tech tail tidy
-Red Rim Tape
-White pin-striping on front / rear cowl and tank.
-Main frame re-covered with carbon fibre for visual effect.
-Forks painted gloss black
-Stock rear sets with home made riser plates and gear linkage, pillion footrests- all painted gloss black.
-Fold able brake and clutch levers, anodised red and gunmetal grey.
-Custom Bar ends.
-Carbon fibre covering on front cowling.
-Shortened Arrow Slip on exhaust.
Audio
The speed to which a corder is taken.
Suspension
Forks:

Home made cartridge fork emulators and spacers Race-Tech springs 0.95 kg / mm, emulator valving to suit my weight and riding style, have left damper rods standard to comply with local Pro-twin rules for Motorcycling NZ competition racing.

Rear Shock:

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K4 Rear shock with 9kg-mm spring installed, re-valved with Race tech internals to suit SV's standard suspension linkage, valving to suit my riding style on track - valving also included installation of a re-bound separator into the shock.
Wheel and Tire
Standard wheels.
-Pirelli supercorsa tyre set for racing.
-Michelin Pilot power 2 for hard sports / leisurely touring riding
-Pirelli Rain (closed circuit only tyres) for when its really wet commuting to and from work or practising my wet riding in winter.

*At any one time a combo of any of these may also be used depending on the situation / aggression of riding.

Gallery

Comments

There are no comments to display.
Top