Full SV Makeover Project *Heavy Pics* - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > Motorcycle Talk
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

Motorcycle Talk Our main message forum catering to the Suzuki SV and general motorcycle chatter.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
JPL_SV

Bikes: 2006 Yamaha R1, 2003 SV650S (SOLD).
Miles Kms: 19K
Full SV Makeover Project *Heavy Pics*

After taking apart my bike to do the body work and custom paint, I decided to take on more projects. My bikes Makeover Project consist of custom mods and new ideas, I would like your opinion on some of my mods and possibly ideas for new custom upgrades. Here are some pics of where I am now, I plan on posting pics as I get closer to completing this project. If you have any questions on any of my mods or future mods please feel free to ask. Here it is>

First group of pics are of my Sharkskinz (race) tail, made street legal, and custom cutout vents>

I am currently working on a beveled edge on the vent cutout and a good raised section of aluminum vents (final vents will be primered and painted black)

This is my headlamp project. I used the projectors from a '03 BMW M5 and Xenon light kit. The lense is held on with glue, so I had to heat up the housing.

I removed all peices that I wanted to paint and did the bodywork. I removed the Suzuki decals under the clearcoat and plan on designing custom Suzuki decals for the tank.

Here is my bike naked, I painted the calipers after installing SS brake lines, installed mottosliders for the frame, and replaced the old chain & sprockets.

I'm currently waiting for my Poly 26 belly pan to come in before painting the bike. It's going to be (kawasaki) blazing orange. I plan on getting rear sets, and rear tire hugger (CF). I'm going to integrate flush mount LED signals and making a custom radiator protector/ grille.

I plan on keeping this thread updated. Thank you for checking it out!
JPL_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
chappe

Bikes: silver 02 SVs
Miles Kms: 11500
Re: Full SV Makeover Project *Heavy Pics*

looks like its gonna be a nice lookin bike.. to set it off, IMO, you need a gixxer front end.
Anyone driving slower than me is an Idiot. Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac. Of course, those driving slower think I'm a maniac and those driving faster think I'm an idiot, but what do I care what they think? They're a bunch of idiots and maniacs.
chappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
oldbaldsob

Bikes: Gray '06 SV1000S, Black '17 Speed Triple
Miles Kms: ≈√∞

mmmm....fresh baked SV just like mom used to make.

Seriously though dude, good work. Can't wait to see the finished project.
oldbaldsob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
JPL_SV

Lightbulb Re: Full SV Makeover Project *Heavy Pics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappe View Post
looks like its gonna be a nice lookin bike.. to set it off, IMO, you need a gixxer front end.
I really want to upgrade the forks and rear shock. On the cheap side I could rebuild the front OE tubes with upgraded springs, emulators, and fluid level. Then find a GSX-R shock to swap out for the rear. That reminds me, I was thinking about repainting the triple clamp...Hmm, maybe I'll do a full front-end rebuild. The Ohlins and Penski rear shocks are pretty sweet, but freakin expensive! Thanks for the input.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
MagpieTear

Bikes: 04 Nekkid SV / 71 CB 350
Miles Kms: 40,0xx Miles

What temp did you bake the headlight housing at?

seriously.

Want to see a pic of it at dusk lit up too.
MagpieTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
chappe

Bikes: silver 02 SVs
Miles Kms: 11500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL_SV View Post
On the cheap side I could rebuild the front OE tubes with upgraded springs, emulators, and fluid level. Then find a GSX-R shock to swap out for the rear. .
that's exactly what i did... except for the emulators... i DEF recommend it... to be exact.. Sonic sprigs (.85) with 15wt oil... (i'm on ly 170 lbs without gear) and also got a 07 GSXR1K rear shock... which was a breeze to install...

but.. i still wish i could wake up one day and see a full, sexy, pretty, golden gixxer front end with .85 kg springs, and fresh oil next to me in my bed... ready to install on my curvySV.. they look good too.
Anyone driving slower than me is an Idiot. Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac. Of course, those driving slower think I'm a maniac and those driving faster think I'm an idiot, but what do I care what they think? They're a bunch of idiots and maniacs.
chappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
VARIABLE9
Platinum Member

Bikes: 2006 SV650 K6

Yeah the Subaru guys all bake their lamps and put in J Spec reflectors or something like that. Looks great, lot of good work. Only dislike - the choice of 'mesh' for the tail. I would go traditional Ducati type mesh, not that Home Depot stamped stailnless looking stuff. JMO
Old 09-21-2008, 04:43 AM   #8
JPL_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieTear View Post
What temp did you bake the headlight housing at?

seriously.

Want to see a pic of it at dusk lit up too.
about 250 F. for about 10 min. the glue turns soft and does not damage the cover. Pics of the final product will come soon.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #9
ZeroSpawn

Bikes: SV650S 06
Miles Kms: 40,933
Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroSpawn

Might want to replace that rear shock while your in there!
ZeroSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
ephesmax

Bikes: 02 svs
Miles Kms: 6k

light conversion = fu#%in sick. So if those are car bulbs isnt there voltage and draw and all that good stuff to worry about. Jus' curiouse b/c i dont kno $hit about electrical
Sponsored Links
Advertisement