Clutch adjustment - Page 5 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > SV Modifications and General Maintenance
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

SV Modifications and General Maintenance General information about modding and servicing your SV.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #41
DemonRider

Bikes: '01 SV650S, '05 GSXR 750
Miles Kms: SVS 21,000, GSXR 5,500
Re: Clutch adjustment

It doesn't include the basket. Just the steel and friction plates, and springs. Where are you in NoVA? I am by no means an expert, but I can stop by and take a look at what you're dealing with if you're not too far from me.
DemonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 11:46 PM   #42
RIDER675

Bikes: 07 track, 99 street

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
It doesn't include the basket. Just the steel and friction plates, and springs. Where are you in NoVA? I am by no means an expert, but I can stop by and take a look at what you're dealing with if you're not too far from me.
Fredericksburg, as long as it's actually the basket I should get it sorted in time but if not..in the schematic idk what else could possibly cause this. Almost ordered a new clutch pack but I found out the steels from my gen1 are the same also both push rods.
RIDER675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #43
DemonRider

Bikes: '01 SV650S, '05 GSXR 750
Miles Kms: SVS 21,000, GSXR 5,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER675 View Post
Fredericksburg, as long as it's actually the basket I should get it sorted in time but if not..in the schematic idk what else could possibly cause this. Almost ordered a new clutch pack but I found out the steels from my gen1 are the same also both push rods.
OK, I'm near Tysons so it's a bit far to just pop by. Hopefully you got it sorted out. LMK if you need my clutch kit - I can hold on to it for a few days before returning it. Are you racing at Summit this weekend?
DemonRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #44
RIDER675

Thanks, no im riding w PRE at ncbike..well im trying to cancel at this point but don't think I can.

Got the clutch back together but its still not working. Filed down the notch in the picture but since it was more of a crater I didn't want to remove too much material..seems like it must be good looking at other notched baskets though. Also it gets worse when hot, and I hear a slight knocking sound as the clutch is released in gear not in neutral. Noticed a tiny amount of play in the basket after it's torqued.

Last edited by RIDER675; 08-23-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #45
RIDER675

Found a couple interesting things, the basket has play less than 1mm. Between the spacer and shaft. Also some of the springs move freely inside the gear on the back of the basket but ive read this is normal?

Last edited by RIDER675; 08-23-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #46
RIDER675

More or less solved the issue. Found out today I could swap from my gen1 to gen2 the basket/discs/hub/spacers/throw out bearing/pressure plate and the rod that pushes it. Allows enough disengagement now although I didnt try adjusting the external mechanism 1/4 turn out, it might be 1/16 out. The original seemed to have a biting point and a point before that where some drag started, but not after the swap.
Unfortunately this was my last day to prep the bike and the clutch pull was much too hard. I could feel the cable binding, so I swapped to the OEM style again and it was smoother but just as hard and binding as well. I can't find any info about the proper routing of the TWF race cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement