Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2nd Gen Race Harness..complete

26K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  kumpy 
#1 ·
I know some of you have discussed what it takes to have a 2nd gen race harness and here is what I've just finished. I still have to wrap it all up to finish out the detail part of it but I removed all most all of the wiring that I didn't need. I chose to keep the speedo wiring and the gear indicator. Thanks to all before me that worked the keyless ignition part out and to DEcosse for all of his help and input on this. Here is what I ended up with.

I have about 6-7 hours in it just tinkering here and there. Most of the time was changing the drawings so I would know what I had and what I didn't

Here is the finished harness:

Here is the pile of stuff left over...maybe a 1/2 pound to a pound of stuff...it's more than I would have expected.

Here is a stock wiring harness schematic 05/06 (my kill switch has an extra wire that 03-04's do not. The ones on here did not match what I had):

Here is my finished one..

Enjoy,

Brian

See less See more
#7 ·
The penned in marks are connections you need to make. I removed as much wire as I could out of the harness. I did not want any extra in there if it didn't have to be there.

Are you in the US? If you're interested, send me a PM with a price quote to do this if I mail you a harness. I hate doing wiring...
LOL, it wasn't too bad. I live in Missouri so I could do it if you wanted. PM sent to you on Z's forum.

#11 ·
Sorry for not posting up sooner. I have had some medical issues to deal with concerning my parents and have been focused on caring for them.

Some things I've noticed and made a mistake on. The fuel light will stay on if you eliminate that part of the harness. I also got rid of an O/G wire that was needed to power the gauges. I will go back and fix that as soon as I have time. I will also do some additional things when I get time.

As of right now, I would not use what I've posted up until I can get updated drawings and such done.

Sorry for the trouble.

#12 · (Edited)
Just saw this thread. Awesome to see someone finally tackled the 2nd gen wiring (and posted up about it)!

I've taken off quite a bit, but not as much as you. That white pack on the left rear with the army green mounting bracket is the resistor pack for the fuel gauge from what I hear. Is removing that what caused your fuel light to stay on?

#14 ·
Ok, here is the updated diagram. There are 7 solder points.

1. O/R to O/W - 100 Ohm resistor needed
2. O/G to O/W
3. B/Y to B/W
4. B to B/Bl
5. Add a jumper to the B/R and run it into the fuse box
6. Cut the O/B at the relay area (attached to the fuse box) and solder an end from the fuse box to it.
7. 1K ohm resistor to eliminate pair valve.

There are a few wires I left like the speedo and fuel sending wire. These can be deleted if you'd like.
This will give you keyless ignition and wire everything through the kill switch.

I have tested this schematic myself. I have built a spare harness and threw it on my bike. Once I get some wire loom I'll put it up for sale in the classifieds.

Thanks

Brian

#19 ·
No Problem.

Now that I have my lightweight batter and relocation bracket from Zoran, I will tweak my harness even more. I should be able to completely eliminate the fuse block and run 2 inline fuses. I also plan on relocating the starter relay to the front of the bike. I would eventually like to get all of the wiring out of the subframe if possible.

#24 ·
I've received a few PM's from various people on a couple of forums about doing the harness for them.

First and foremost, I did not set out to do this to make money or advertise on SVR as a service provider.

I did this originally for myself since there was a bunch of talk about it and no one really diving into it. Once completed and tested, I shared everything I had so anyone else willing to attempt this had something to use as a reference.

Since I’ve been asked by a few people to do this for them I figured I would respond to everyone out in the open vs. PM.

I am willing to do this for anyone who would like it done however at this time due to time constraints with other commitments it’ll take me a little while to get anything done. I’m guessing cost to do this will be $155.00 plus your existing harness. This will include return shipping.

Let me know if you want me to work on something for you and I will.

Mods: If you feel this is a commercial post, please remove it but I ask that you at least leave the thread up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.