Spierings SV650 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Workshop > The Build Board
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

The Build Board A place to post a journal or log of your SV / Gladius projects and builds. No replies or discussion are allowed.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Spierings

Bikes: k3 sv650n
Spierings SV650

After a few years on this forum and seeing some great bikes i also wanted a nice build sv650. This is where the story started:

In april 2004 i did buy my first bike the SV650 naked. The bike was 2 months old and already had a full laser exhaust, other springs, other bar, other blinkers, seat cover and the fendor removed. I was very happy with my new bike.

I do not have pics from my bike in the way that i did buy it, but it looks like this model.

After a few years riding and doing some smal mods like a gsxr shock, TRW-Lucas rearsets and a smart TRE i low sided late 2006. This started the build with many custom parts sponsored by the injurance

I removed the body work, front end, wheels and the damaged parts and started building.

While doing the rebuild the list with stuff to do was getting bigger and bigger.
And i did a cam swap, APE manual cam chain adjusters, 05 shiftstar, powercommander III and factory pro velocity stacks (35-35). I also removed the clutch cable and mounted a hydraulic clutch from the sv1000.

I did buy a complete gsxr 600 K6 front end and both wheels. The ignition was on the wrong side and i wanted a way to mount my gauges and headlight.
When thinking about my options i wanted a custom upper tripple and custom headlight brackets. My new upper tripple needed to have the same shape as my OEM upper.

This was the result when i picked up the parts from my machinist .

My machinist also machined the rear wheel to fit the 650.

When looking at the pic above you van see that i also removed the passenger pegs and grind off the brackets for the pegs. I did made a threaded hole inside the subframe to mount the custom made exhaust bracket.

Mounted a race tail that they use in the sv cup in my country. I needed to cut out the area for the tail light with integrated blinkers.

I ordered some other part for the build: kellermann blinkers, tank cover, steel braided brake and clutch hoses, and did choose the paint color. At that moment i did have a car (Seat Arosa (european model)) in that same color and i loved it. The choice was easy, and i did like the end result (early 2007).

'

Ater a few months i added a scotts damper that i ordered from Blair to fit my front end.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Spierings

Re: Spierings SV650

After the build process it was time to put it on the dyno and get a custom map.

After a few years happy riding i wanted to upgrade the rear suspension and added a fully adjustabel WP suspension shock that was set for my weight. Same as they use in the sv cup in my country.

My mods:
-GSXR K6 600 front end + lower tripple
-GSXR K6 600 front + rear wheel (rear wheel machined)
-GSXR K6 600 clip-ons + brakes
-GSXR K6 600 front fender
-WP suspension rear shock
-Scotts damper
-Custom upper tripple
-Custom headlight mounts
-Solo Tail
-Subframe modified (removed passenger pegs)
-Custom exhaust bracket
-TRW Lucas rearset
-Factory pro velocity stacks
-Power Commander III usb
-Pair removal kit
-Nikko TRE mod
-APE manuele camchainadjusters
-Gen 1 intake cams on the exhaust
-05 SV650 shift star + spring + detend arm
-SV1000 hydraulic clutch
-Goodridge brake and clutch hoses
-Laser hotcam full exhaust
-Suzuki Orginele tank cover
-Smoke taillight with integrated blinkers
-Kellerman bar end blinkers
-Painted the bike

And i am now busy with my next mod, a gsxr 600 K4 fairing, It's probaly finisht in december 2010

Old 01-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Spierings

Re: Spierings SV650

And i made a nice pic for my SVotM nomination

Sponsored Links
Advertisement