Are stock rods safe ? - Page 2 - Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums

Go Back   Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums > Main Category > Racing Discussions
New User? Register - Forgot Password
Register Forums FAQ Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance Advertise

Racing Discussions **POTENTIAL SPOILERS INSIDE** Discuss racing SV's - or talk about your favorite racers, from MotoGP to the local club circuit.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:05 AM   #11
Kiwi Rider
Site Supporter

Bikes: 2007 SV650 race bike
Miles Kms: unknown
Re: Are stock rods safe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastegg View Post
If & when I ever disassemble a motor i might... hopefully that will never happen... 2 day cracking road ride this weekend... The SVR is ready for combat...
** Heads are currently getting the multi angle seat cut & port 'clean up'... barrels are bored... everything's nearly ready... One issue that is in the back of my mind is the extra weight of the 3mm OS pistons... The stock SV drive is so sweet no matter how hard it's treated... I remember years ago when Ducati first brought out the 748 & 916.. I test road them both back to back and honestly I preferred the 748... it was just so sweet and right... Sure the 916 had significantly more of everything, but that didn't make it better... I'm just hoping by turning mine into a 700 I'm not gunna make it unpleasant... overdone.... overstepped.... too bangy...
Not in the same league horse power wise but I owned a CBR250 which had a really sweet 249cc motor that was relatively vibration free (for a single) and didnt mind being revved out. Then Honda took to it with the boring bar and increased the capacity to 286cc and called it a 300. I bought one as it had more torque and HP but it was no where near as nicer motor. The vibration was awful.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #12
Kenneth
Site Supporter

Bikes: 99 ZRX1100, 01 SV650
Miles Kms: 24000 on the SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoilRob View Post
If you want a really BIG SV......the 1000 comes to mind. And it can be taken close to 1200 if you have the $$$$$.
Exactly. I for one am neither smart nor rich enough to out-engineer Suzuki.
Kenneth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #13
fastegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Exactly. I for one am neither smart nor rich enough to out-engineer Suzuki.

I'm not trying to out engineer Suzuki.. I would love an SV1 but it's way too big, heavy and quick to ride one handed.. i can ride the 650 flat out all day no problem... where the big sports bikes get the jump on me is coming out of corners, especially going up the mountains... I'm looking for more grunt 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear and a bigger spread of power... I've done this sort of thing in my racing past many times, just not to an SV....
fastegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #14
Fatass SVS
site supporter

Bikes: '02 SV650S
Miles Kms: < Enough

Zlock Racing 744cc big bore barrels and pistons
Falicon stroker crank and Falicon knife or Carrillo rods
800+cc and won't break (except for your bank account)
All the "grunt" you want coming out of corners, going up mountains, or in the parking lot of your favorite bar. But you'll still lose to the "big sports bikes" (I assume you mean 4 cyl liter class) on top end.

Are you riding like this on public roads?
Pistol shrimp can make a noise loud enough to break glass. - Snapple "Real Fact" #770
Fatass SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
Kenneth
Site Supporter

Bikes: 99 ZRX1100, 01 SV650
Miles Kms: 24000 on the SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastegg View Post
I would love an SV1 but it's way too big, heavy and quick to ride one handed...
Dude, are you an amputee? Much respect
Kenneth is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement