Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

What did you do to your SV today

1M views 16K replies 2K participants last post by  street1212 
#1 ·
Just thought this would be a cool new topic. If there is already one in existence please let me know so I can delete this one, or a mod can do it. As for me I finished my under tail project and rode the crap out of it.

#4,334 ·
Replaced fork seals w/Race Tech seals, and refilled forks with 20w oil. Replaced rear Pilot Power. Replacing stock exhaust can with my new Delkevic standard s/o later this afternoon.

BTW, how to add pics?
host the image somewhere (photobucket or some such) and

#4,336 ·
Add some reflective tape so I can be seen a little better. Adjusted the chain AGAIN, me thinks it's time to start looking for chain and sprockets. Bought some PIAA super white H4 bulbs

#4,339 ·
Changed oil / filter with Motul 300v and a K&N Filter, performed a snorkelectomy transplant with Suzuki Motor Corp providing an SV1000 snorkel as a donor install successful, Installed K&N air filter, rerouted Ian's ATre wires, and cleaned and lubed the chain after giving her a bath.

Not bad for one night :D

#4,340 ·
Rode to a big Bike Night and on the way home I made a stop to take a picture of the full moon.
Come to find out one of my kick stand bolts fell out. Not a big deal, bike didn't fall over or anything like that. I just zip tied it up to close the the switch and rode home.

If anyone happens to have a extra stand bolt I would be more than happy to give you a couple bucks for it. If not I'll go find on somewhere tomorrow.

#4,341 ·
After applying massive amounts of painter's tape to the fuel tank to hold a 2ft piece of flat metal stock very still near the fairing to indicate my delta of movement of the headlight fairing, I stood my SV between a light pole and a massive tree in my yard, hooked a ratcheting tie-down strap to the frame on the left side and a series of similar straps to the headlight fairing subframe and ratcheted away. I was only able to tweak it back approximately a half inch and the ratchets seemed like they were at their limit. :eek: That mother is strong! I can't believe it got bent in the accident.

#4,345 ·
I installed my Delkevic standard exhaust yesterday evening, and rode it with the db killer in. This morning I pulled the restrictor out, blocked off the PAIR valve, removed the airbox cover, and secured the air filter in place using 2 of the airbox screws and a length of safety wire across the top. Full racebike sound, with no backfiring. No perceivable loss of power either.

Oh yeah, I also replaced the burnt out bulb above my license plate.

#4,352 ·
I won an auction on ebay for a new windscreen from Hong Kong. Paid $0.10 for it, but shipping costs $30.00. I really just want to use it for practice - I want to cut it down so it is no taller than the highest point of plastic on the fairing. If I fack it up, it's no great loss. If I somehow manage to get it right, WHOO HOO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.