Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Center to Center measurements on sprockets?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  fivetoez 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Suzuki SV650. I'm going to be changing to rear sprocket to a 525 Pitch 60T, but am trying to figure out how to measure the distance between my Center to Center points on the front and rear sprockets without having to take everything apart. Does anybody just have the answer for a stock 2006 SV650? Or know of an easy way to measure it?

The reason I'm trying to figure that out is so I can put in the correct parameters into a calculator to figure out how long of a chain I'll need to make it all connect right...

Thanks,
Dillon.

#2 ·
A 60T rear sprocket? Are you going to be stunting it?

Personally, I'd skip the measurements and just buy a chain that is way too long and cut it to fit. You can easily get a rough measurement with a tape measure, then just buy a chain a few links longer than what you think you'll need.

#5 ·
Lol yes, for stunting. If I have to buy another bike like an r6 or something then I will, but I just don't have 4k+ to put into a good one right now. My bike is only worth 2.5k or 3k tops as it is.

But yeah, I guess I'll just buy a super long chain and work it from there. Probably won't be happening any time soon (maybe I'll get it all worked out by mid Jan unless I sell the bike as-is by then).

#6 ·
I'd say the majority of the folks here respect (and fear) the dreaded stories of oil starvation with the SV and prolonged wheelies. I hope you've done your research into this and if so, you likely fall into the camp that believes that extended wheelies are harmless to the SV motor. Better hope that's truly the case or you may be looking for another bike and finding that your current one (the SV) is suddenly worth much less.

#7 ·
If by "prolonged" wheelies, you mean ones which a person would ride for miles, I haven't done any of that on my bike. It's actually not strong enough with the torque on the lower ends as it is to lift. I've done many good, short wheelies on my roommate's bike with 48T sprocket, but mine is 44T, so that's why I'm switching. I might just go to 48T and leave it there, or might take it to 60T so I can actually use it as a stunt bike.

I've been looking more and more into it and I may just sell my bike and buy a new one as soon as I can. That seems to be what is about to happen.

But I've really done only 3-4 wheelies on my SV out of hundreds on a GSX650F and GSX-R600, etc.

#9 ·
Yeah! Back to the original question.

IIRC the standard config is 110 teeth on the chain, and 15/45 on the sprockets.
So you subtract 30 from 110 and get a c2c of 40 teeth.
Thats (110 minus 7.5 minus 22.5) / 2

A cheaper experiment might be to go 13/47 and keep the existing chain for now.
That would equate to 15/54.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.